Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Pajeros r us

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
romperstomper1

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 20:25    Post subject: Pajeros r us Reply with quote

Spoke to a dealer last week from taunton advertising on autotrader he gave me lots of advice and said that he would find me a very nice swb example ,apparently he travels all over the counrty and views 10 pajeros but only picks the best one from the 10 ,he calls me up  telling me he has found one in as good as new condition with only 80 k on the clock and if I don't like that one he has a 100k one also in mint condtion for only £1700 ,he promises to hold it for me ,my gf and myself take the next day off work and travel 2 hours to view .

On arrival all his pajeros (about 7) all look in rather poor condtion ,cracked flaking paintwork,rust ,cracked window seals ,steamed up windows ,my gf tells me not to even bother knocking on the door but perhaps this so called mint car is parked somewhere else, so out he comes looking more like a gipsy than the retired lawyer he claimed to be .

He seemed to get agitated when I started to look over the car ,I was suprised that no water was visible in the rad or the overflow tank considering it had a full service the day before ,and he was reluctant to top it up and firstly refused to let me run the car on idle with the cap off to see if it bubbled air (which it did very badly) also the white smoke coming out the back was soon reducing visibliitly to zero .

He refused to show me the other swb he had as I expect it had the same problem .

Apparently he wanted £2250 not the £1700 he told me on the phone also the milage was not 80k but almost double that .

My biggest gripe was that I asked him at least 3 times about the head gasket and said I did not want to travel all that way to find it was going ,apparently he dose not know much about cars ,strange for a dealer who only buys pajeros and only the very best ones .

So I thanked the nice man for wasting our petrol and time and left rather dismayed .
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 20:25    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a saying ...

"If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"

Sorry to hear you wasted your time Sad

Simon
aaronbecky

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear that m8. i sold my swb on monday and im only just down the road from taunton i got £1200 for it  there was nothing wrong with the engine in it and it was a tidy truck so im sure something will turn up for you  Very Happy
romperstomper1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaronbecky wrote:
sorry to hear that m8. i sold my swb on monday and im only just down the road from taunton i got £1200 for it  there was nothing wrong with the engine in it and it was a tidy truck so im sure something will turn up for you  Very Happy

where did you advertise ,I'm looking on ebay and autotrader but having trouble finding a good one ?

Starting to think I will have to look for something else ,a shame as I like the Pajero.
carolrabbit
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try here

http://www.click2add.co.uk/classifieds/?view=ads&catid=4&cityid=-1
aaronbecky

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

romperstomper1 wrote:
aaronbecky wrote:

where did you advertise ,I'm looking on eblag and autotrader but having trouble finding a good one ?

Starting to think I will have to look for something else ,a shame as I like the Pajero.

it was on the auto trader website. i had  loads of calls on it and i sold it after 4 days. if you like the pajeros hold out untill you find a good one it will be worth it  Very Happy
paulc72

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry that you had a wasted time some people are a little naughty to say the least...maybe next time ask for some pics it may save you a journey.
romperstomper1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulc72 wrote:
Sorry that you had a wasted time some people are a little naughty to say the least...maybe next time ask for some pics it may save you a journey.

Looked nice in the pics ,although I suspect some of the pics were not the same car .
DawnH
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh no!!! Crying or Very sad there are some really bad examples out there....i wonder if that guy sells many!!! Rolling Eyes
KnT

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats cr.p m8, too many of them about, should of had a bit of baseball practise before leaving  Wink
romperstomper1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevntrace wrote:
thats cr.p m8, too many of them about, should of had a bit of baseball practise before leaving  Wink

Yeah It did cross my mind ,he pursaded me not to look at a 2.5swb that I was planning to see stating that the head gaskets blow on them all and to wait for him to find me a really mint 2.8 one and thats what he comes up with  Rolling Eyes
Must have thought he had found a right mug .

I  looked at a 2.8 lwb in a local garage to me for £2500 and the head gasket had gone in that one too .
Have to say I'm rather warry of traders as I have been ripped of in the past would rather buy private, yes you can still get ripped of but at least they don't do it for a living  Razz
NYRA
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 14:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

good on you for not been suck in mate  but theres a pajero out there with your name writen all over it , its just time  and you will see a few before you find one and if and when you do you will know its the one ,, theres one good thing has come out of this  you still have your cash  Very Happy     so u can still look for the right one ,,  i know when i got mine  i travel a 800 mile round trip  ,, and that had my name wrote on it  as soon as i seen it  .it just sed yes thats the one  so give him the £450  and drove all the way home without a problem,and 2 years on still going as good to day  ,few little problems but nothing two bad ,, Wink

Last edited by NYRA on Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:49; edited 1 time in total
ROY H
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes id buy private too in future,
id never trust a dealer never again even with a so called warrenty.
Bought mine for £1650 not knowing much about pajs and after going to vosa and trades standards i spent another £1500 getting it right
romperstomper1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROY H wrote:
Yes id buy private too in future,
id never trust a dealer never again even with a so called warrenty.

Yep not worth the paper ,I took mine to small claims over a duff auto box and lost ,cost me over 2 k .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: