Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Replacement Keys ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Technical FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 15:12    Post subject: Replacement Keys ... Reply with quote

OK ... I have frequently seen questions about where to get replacement keys ...

We got a bit stuck in the middle of no-where yesterday and couldn't get the key to turn in the ignition ... looking at the key, it's badly worn and slightly bent.

After a LOT of jiggling the key in the ignition, we finally got it going, but I was a bit concerned!

Anyway!  Back to the point ... Both keys are in the same state, with one slightly better than the other so, I thought, let's see how easy it is to get a replacement key ... the answer is ... simple! (If you know what to ask for).

I went to a local shoe repairer / key cutter in Ringwood ... Master Craft ... really nice bloke who was quick and polite ...

£5.95 later I'm on my way back to the car with a new key ... and guess what? Perfect!!!

Two VERY important points I need to make here ...

1st ... if your local key cutter says they don't have a 'blank' ... here's the details on my key (the cutter said ANY cutter would be able to order these in with this info!) ...

ORION (ITALY) : MS8AP

2nd ... don't be an idiot and do what I did ... in desperation (miles from a computer) I sprayed some WD40 into the ignition barrel ...  Embarassed Now, every time we take the key out of the ignition, it comes out covered in dirty WD40 ... Mrs H already has two pairs of trousers at the cleaners  Embarassed

HTH

Simon

Last edited by PoCUK on Thu Nov 11, 2010 13:34; edited 1 time in total
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 15:12    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 16:29    Post subject: Beware - chipped original / un-chipped replacement keys Reply with quote

ngwagwa wrote:
I had keys cut for a Shogun - the cutter used a Hyundai blank.

They fit perfectly BUT wont start the Shogun as the original keys have a chip in them that is detected by something near the switch - no chip - no start.

Wouldn't like to think of someone losing their key and having to rely on a spare that don't work.
El Ricko

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:59    Post subject: Replacement Keys Reply with quote

Dont know about you but i hate the cheapy think looking keys that you tend to get with older pajero's and shogun's that have lost their original oem keys

Went down to the local lock smith that stocks KL replacement keys, and found that the keys from the later mitsubishi with chips in still have the same blade as the older paj /shog keys

so for £15 I got a KL  MT1-TK3 key that looks very smart and has much more plastic making it easier to turn the key

Walt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Manchester is a lot cheaper to live in  Very Happy

Mine was only £7    Razz -  very similar to yours mate and it doesn't look cheap either   Very Happy
Flyin' High!

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 14:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got something very simlar iain from carew market , silca £7 each !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Technical FAQ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: