Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

2011 breakdown recovery quotes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Breakdown / Recovery services
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad mike

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 14:40    Post subject: 2011 breakdown recovery quotes Reply with quote

I had a great year with maybe half a dozen breakdowns but managed to fix myself. My renewal has just come in from Insurance Choice who did me a cheap UK only recovery/homestart plus trailer. I believe it was their bronze cover. Low and behold my renewal explains that because of the age of my vehicle (17yrs) I can only be covered by a new "copper" level, which basically means pay £20 a year but a £40 excess is payable if I need them. This payment must be made before they do anything. That wouldnt be so bad but they have downgraded the recovery so that they will only recover to the nearest garage. As far as I can see, recovering the paj to the nearest garage is only doing half the job.  

Obviously I am looking around for cover. I need UK only cover for my paj and trailer. I really only need recover (home). I do not need hire cars or fancy hotel accomodation. Any ideas?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 14:40    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

andyjm
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you had a look on the main page of the forums give these a go
have a read through what they can offer
all ive done is put this link from the front page in the listing Smile

http://www.quotelinedirect.co.uk/breakdown/
mad mike

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks anyway. I particularly need to be able to ask for the paj to be taken home rather than a local repair attempted. I have fallen foul of this before where the garage has totally underestimated the time taken to acquire parts for these vehicles. When you dig into the small print the insurance companies are all trying to escape the responsibility of recovering you to your home. They are all a little different, I notice Quotelinedirect specifiy that they will attempt a repair of the vehicle within 24hrs before recovering to your home.
mad mike

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been told that Autoaid offer a good service. I understand that they require you to pay up front for "reasonable" costs and then reimburse you. Obviously I would not expect my paj to be airlifted home but how would I know that the price for recovery is reasonable enough for them!
stuee147

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

im with the caravan club and they do a breackdown cover with green flag

i pay £68 for 12 mouths cover and for that i get road side help
if they cant fix it recovery to any destination for me and upto 7 pasangers (and pets) plus any caravan or trailer i have
also if im on my way with the caravan for a few days and brakedown and they cant fix it by the road they will take me to site i was going to and come back and collect me after the holls and take me home with the car and caravan  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

iv used them once and it was realy good they garente to be with you withing the hour and they were 45min  Laughing  Laughing
mad mike

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

How old is your paj? Mine is a 93 and I am having trouble getting the cover I need at a decent price. My present cover has dropped because of my paj age.
REVOGEL
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to use Green Flag too [Have a feeling they changed their name though] Always helpful and promt.
mad mike

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is everyone else getting on, my renewal is due now. So I may be the first to feel the pain of a car over 16 years old! Been hearing lots of good things about the pay and claim schemes. I was wondering how that works when you are at the roadside with a broken car. Are you expected to find a recovery agent willing to take you home or do you have to find a mechanic to try and repair then arrange for a tow. How much is your responsibility in the deal?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Breakdown / Recovery services All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: