Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Bullbars good... Surfboards bad...

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Vehicle modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ducca

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo_m wrote:
I just bought me a Paj, and have got 'em to fit wrap around bull bars, I reckon that look an ickle bit soft wi' out 'em. Plus there is the "get outta my way or else " theory that I like the most !!

"get outta my way or else"
anti 4x4 ers would love a quote like that Evil or Very Mad

Ducca
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 17:26    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

baglimit2002

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:42    Post subject: you call them bullbars Reply with quote

sorry guys you call them bull bars I"ll send you a jpg of a real bull bar the one us aussie have to us to stop them flying kangaroos or look at www.arb.com.au goto australian sites they comin painted ally steel or polished with or without winch mounts
Simon :-)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I agree, Bars of whatever you want to call them and howevr good they are for cats, dogs other drivers ect. Lasting effect add a huge winch with big red hook and it's all over for anyone wanting to take on the bars, they see the winch sticking out an extra 4 inches and give me a wide berth.
I want to see much bigger bars, the bigger the better Laughing
mutz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon would like to see pic of your winch, just got one but need to fix it somewhere and somehow. bargain price tho and a Ramsey (fitted to fire engines apparently)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need bull bars for deer round here - I only got A bar and have to be real careful of em.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummmmmm deer...... Razz Razz Razz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

mutz wrote:
Simon would like to see pic of your winch, just got one but need to fix it somewhere and somehow. bargain price tho and a Ramsey (fitted to fire engines apparently)

Ok Mutz, will post a couple for you, is yours electric or hydro and do you have a mother plate?
mutz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks simon, just bought the winch and relay box (not bad for £50) 9000lb pull. So will have to get plates etc. made, hence need pics of how different winches mount. Prefer to try and hide mine if possible but still need lots of info on all types. i have another winch but smaller (Superwinch) only about half the pulling power.
any pics or info would be great. thanks mate.
sorry forgot to say its electric.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Mutz I know what your doing, firstly your canny hide a winch this big if your mounting on the front, so your remove all bull bars, lights ect.
The underneath the front bumper you will see a couple of bolts holding on the shiny crome top bumper. Remove this, this leaves a flat steel bumper and flat plat with holes drilled into it and some welded bolts put on but Mitsi as standard to all Paj's.
Now your ready to have the Mother plate made. The Mother plate needs to be bigenough to house the winch with 30mm left at the front and enough room the be able to rehouse the grill behind.
Bear in mind the winch needs to be bolted to the Mother plate after fitting to your Paj, so some of the holes will need to go through the Mother plate and through the steet bumper below to allow you to fully tighten after fitting.
The Mother plate needs to be made from flat 10mm plate with a bend at the front edge rising 30mm if possable, this protects the winch and allows a fixing for the wire rollers. These roller can be purchased if you havent got them, they are giudes for the winch wire and stop the hook to prevent over winding.
The mother plate need four addition holes drilled at the rear to allow for plate fixing to the chassis using bent plate fixings.
Most of this work will need to be done by antone with half a brain and the equipment to fit.
When I fitted mine I did not use a welder and fitted over three evenings, most of the was fiiting new hydro pump to engine(I was told this could not be done) and hydro hoses and new header tank(I was told this could not be done either).
Once the Mother plate and winch is secure then fit all other goodies back around your winch, this will mean mods to ligh brackets and any bars you have.
I will take some digi pics of what I've done and post for you.
Unfoortunatly i did not take a photo diary so it will only bee of the finished item but should give you an idea of how well it works and how good it can look if you thing about how you want to finish it.
simon.
mutz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok simon, follow all that would be interesting to see finished job, even tho mines electric, would be good to see all the other bits that couldnt be done too!!
thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mutz, all photos taken GO HERE http://www.photobox.co.uk/public/detail.html?c_album=724430
mutz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very helpfull, doesnt look to bad mounted at front.
gives me an idea on how to fit mine.
cheers again and thanks for spending a bit of time taking pics much appreciated.

graham
bretwalda

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides the obvious, bullbars have many other useful purposes...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bretwalder,
Looks like a great use for a bull bar Laughing
Even JD looks happy there Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Vehicle modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: