Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Certified sites and Battery issues

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Caravanning discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lunar

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right then. If anyone posts more on this - I shall ask Assasin and net Sniper to come and get you

Cool  Cool  Cool
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

bkw570

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 22:11    Post subject: lol Reply with quote

just as easy  to  get a genny
lunar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 0:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since writing the first post, SMD units have now replaced the Normal type of LED - Thats progress !!!!!
tubbs

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok mind if i join this debate. Just a bit of history firstly. I lived on and built narrowboats and sea going vessels for 14 years. Where 12 v is all important and we are way way ahead of you caravanners tbh. I also had a solar sound system its 3kw of sound system and lighting and stage that i used to do festivals with a coffee shop etc. Anyway this is an interesting thread. Firstly yes led's are brilliant but rather directional and if you do the voltage calculation they look great on paper. I used to fit replacements in every narrowboat i built. However the lumens are lower comparatively to a small what halogen. So im sure that will cause a bit of discussion. They are getting better all the time. The Led parcans i had consumed more amps than a halogen one !! weird.
I personally use Rolls batteries. Have a look at them and put them up against the spec sheet of an elecsol. I found when i lived on a narrowbaot i used to buy 110 ah leisure's for 60 quid and replace them every 11 months. On a narrowbaot elecsols will do 2 years and when you send them back they will say you have mis used them. But you have already paid for a courier !!
The Rolls batteries have a 10 year warranty which they will honour and are absolutely amazing with regards to power output and cycles. They use them on all the led traffic lights and kyrocera british rail work stations. I had over 1000 ah on the solar rig. I bought 2 banks one as a back up and never needed it running just over 80 hrs flat out on 4 85w solar panels. Even in gray conditions. They never failed or even showed signs of it. The person i sold the stage to had a few pilot error issues with them this year and i had to go and see to them. batteries where showing exactly the same drop and hyg tests as they where new. 5 years so far.
NYRA
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 16:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

tubbs wrote:
Ok mind if i join this debate. Just a bit of history firstly. I lived on and built narrowboats and sea going vessels for 14 years. Where 12 v is all important and we are way way ahead of you caravanners tbh. I also had a solar sound system its 3kw of sound system and lighting and stage that i used to do festivals with a coffee shop etc. Anyway this is an interesting thread. Firstly yes led's are brilliant but rather directional and if you do the voltage calculation they look great on paper. I used to fit replacements in every narrowboat i built. However the lumens are lower comparatively to a small what halogen. So im sure that will cause a bit of discussion. They are getting better all the time. The Led parcans i had consumed more amps than a halogen one !! weird.
I personally use Rolls batteries. Have a look at them and put them up against the spec sheet of an elecsol. I found when i lived on a narrowbaot i used to buy 110 ah leisure's for 60 quid and replace them every 11 months. On a narrowbaot elecsols will do 2 years and when you send them back they will say you have mis used them. But you have already paid for a courier !!
The Rolls batteries have a 10 year warranty which they will honour and are absolutely amazing with regards to power output and cycles. They use them on all the led traffic lights and kyrocera british rail work stations. I had over 1000 ah on the solar rig. I bought 2 banks one as a back up and never needed it running just over 80 hrs flat out on 4 85w solar panels. Even in gray conditions. They never failed or even showed signs of it. The person i sold the stage to had a few pilot error issues with them this year and i had to go and see to them. batteries where showing exactly the same drop and hyg tests as they where new. 5 years so far.
 Very Happy that good to know as am looking at buying a new battery for my van  is there a web link for these batterys tubbs
stuee147

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

last year i got myself a 4w solar panel (£10 of eblag) and it came with all the weirs and bits to use as a battery charger all be it a small trical charger. and i found it worked rely well so well in fact i got a second one and now have them fitted on the roof that way when i am on a small site with no hookup i still get to keep my battery toped up nicely

i might add its only me and my dogs in the van so we don't use much power just for water pump and lights really but in October i was on  a small site for 2 weeks  and never ran out of power just using the battery (about a 95amp if i remember) and the solar panels and i still had a full battery at the end of the 2 weeks to.

stuee
tubbs

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYRA wrote:
tubbs wrote:
 Very Happy that good to know as am looking at buying a new battery for my van  is there a web link for these batterys tubbs

Just google rolls batteries and have a look at what you need. I bought them as 6v cells to make up 12v just because you can get 550 ah cells @ 6v.
I think there are a few good stockists in the uk. It may be different now but i found that the main importer was more expensive than who i found. Wind and sun in hereford as i remember... i was a while ago though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Caravanning discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: