eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

SVS, Ashley Heath, Dorset

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Garages / Mechanics / Servicing Agents
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Please rate SVS
Amazing - really pleased all round!
43%
 43%  [ 7 ]
Very good
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
Average
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Not great
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Never Again!
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:48    Post subject: SVS, Ashley Heath, Dorset Reply with quote

Please rate this servicing agent based on your overall impression of your dealings with them. Consider the customer servce, price and quality of the work on your car.

SVS vehicle services - Prop, Steve
Unit 86, Condor Close
Woolsbridge Industrial Estate
Three Legged Cross ( 2 mins from ringwood )
Wimborne
BH21 6SU
01202 821222
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:50    Post subject: SVS... Reply with quote

We've used SVS for all the work on our PJ since we were badly let down by the 'mechanics' at Southern Motors, (who gave the impression they hardly knew the steering wheel from the spare wheel!).

SVS have been brilliant! Polite, efficient and reasonable ... and they're ALWAYS busy, which has to be the best recommendation of all.

Excellent!

Simon.
Toaster193

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 23:02    Post subject: EVO SHOgun and SVS Reply with quote

Bearing in mind three important factors :-

a) I spanner all day...but motorbikes not cars (Turbo, Nitrous drag bikes)

b) therefore Im broke....seroiusly..they took away my pot so I cant even piss in it

c) I dont trust anyone..........

So, The proof will be this week....54k cam belt, rear pads, and fluids....

made the phone call, LONG chat about tensioners, spark plugs and the water pump (Ive think the bearing is shot)...No bullshit, knowledge level (10/10) and my god..price - £150 plus the belt (cambelt change only,before you get carried away.), even gave me the choice of OEM or genuine.....and booked me a loan car...... for free...

So, I'm down there this Wednesday....worth the fuel to find out.....

Will post as soon as I get the car back

Best

Toaster193

www.bigccracing.co.uk[/url]
Toaster193

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:50    Post subject: 54k Cambelt service Reply with quote

Ill try and be as objective as I can be :-

Negative's first - The final bill. The total was £583.34...holy poo I nearly died...a lot higher than I expected as the cambelt was quoted as £150 + 64 +VAT for the belt.

I reckoned plus oils and pads.....350...£400 max...

For £500+I want to know EXACTLY whats been done... and see the old parts...didnt happen . You need to be aware of this guys, its easy to assume a punter knows what a service is and what he got for his money and its not a problem customer..its a valid query for a valued customer.

BUT :-

POSITIVES

1) On reviewing the bill and breaking it down into its parts, labour, delivery, vat etc etc ...These guys did the Service (which I asked for) and the price for parts was good.

2) I should have realised that an £800 service cant be done for £300 no matter who you use(My brain is used to a full engine strip to the crank and cases and rebuild for £500).

3) I cant find any obvious way they could have reduced the cost further and the costs of parts, fuilds etc could have been far higher....so, my fault..and their prudent use of time, parts and general good attitude to mechanics saved me from an even higher bill from a main dealer

tip (for SVS and POC members) - Ask Tony or Steve to call you if the bill goes over, say £300.00...I didnt and now Im broke. Not their fault, but it was an unexpected shock.

Other service - They me gave a car to use FOC...Wasnt great, but it worked fine. They called me several times before I went down there to check on cambelt types and warn me if I had an oddball which would be more expensive and require a factory order.

Workmanship - The Engine feels a hell of a lot "tighter" than before (like a good servive should), all the right things done as far as I can see and she runs fine. copperslip on the right bits and all the signs of a tough job done well. No belts replaced that didnt need to be replaced and they also pointed out a "knock" in the rear which i had become used to..but shouldnt be there

Overall - If you want a no frills, good service company, these are your guys.

Thank you very much fellas,

Adrian (Toaster193)

"Never buy a car you can afford to run" - Henry Ford
SIAC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I'd update on this...

Simon (POCUK) mentioned these guys and I thought it too far away, however!

WHen you work out their hourly rate (£35 at time of typing) and compare that to my local "mechanics/part fitters", it only takes one hour's labour to start saving money.

AND

They know what they are doing.

Just had misfire investigation, replacement plugs (I provided) and coil pack test which was solved as far as I'm prepared to pay BUT HUGELY IMPROVED, drive shaft, hub, bearings and viscous fan done for £260

Granted they used breaker parts but even so, they had it a week, provided a free loan car too

I though that was very good
SIAC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 16:12    Post subject: SVS... a garage report (Southern Area) Reply with quote

Been a couple of times now, very good and would recommend to any Paj owner.

Steve there is very knowledgeable, friendly and the prices so far have been great.
He'll offer you the option of "breaker" parts too, saves a fortune!

It becomes cheaper if you can just leave your Paj with him so he can work on it in spare time, not a timed job as such.

Would highly recommend.

01202 821222 give him a call, see what he can do
Denthelense

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 18:51    Post subject: Oil leak Reply with quote

Just dropped into to have an opinion on a oil leak. Not only did they just put it on the ramp for an inspection they also rectified recent poor work by another garage and then wouldn't accept any payment for probably 30 mins work.
I gave them a "drinks voucher" anyway and booked the truck for a new oil seal. Excellent service.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Garages / Mechanics / Servicing Agents All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: