Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Tyre Pressures when Towing a trailer or caravan ...

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Towing & technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grayzee

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers ears !! Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 22:28    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

sharky

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 0:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run about 40-42psi in the Paj and about 40-45psi in the van, light truck tyres alround
Mitsu Monkey

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 23:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, been reading the posts and am happy with the Paj tyre pressures, just confused about the caravans. . . .
We got a 2004 Compass Corona 505, approx 1300ish loaded weight, single axle.  The tyres are Dunlop Sport SP (dont ask me why I didnt fit 'em lol).  I think it says max pressure 45psi, that sounds really low after reading the posts.  Can anybody make any sense of it all?  What air pressures should I put in the caravan tyres?  Currently running 38psi which seems low.

Thanks all
sharky

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitsu Monkey wrote:
Hi, been reading the posts and am happy with the Paj tyre pressures, just confused about the caravans. . . .
We got a 2004 Compass Corona 505, approx 1300ish loaded weight, single axle.  The tyres are Dunlop Sport SP (dont ask me why I didnt fit 'em lol).  I think it says max pressure 45psi, that sounds really low after reading the posts.  Can anybody make any sense of it all?  What air pressures should I put in the caravan tyres?  Currently running 38psi which seems low.

Thanks all

Gday Dunlop Sport SP's are these Light Truck tyres as I'm not familiar with these particular ones. If it says max 45psi dont exceed that but most LT c/van tyres max out at around 60psi give or take.
nutworld

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok im gonna add my little bit to this growing list of pressures an a few other things so this may get long winded lol

1 Dunlop Sport SP tyres are car tyres an might be a good idea to change them for some proper 4ply caravan tyres
depending on size an weight of caravan they are fitted too  

2 my lwb v6 3ltr  shogun has a tyre pressure sticker on drivers door pillar what it says is as follows

front pressure 1.8 bar = 27psi = 180kpa
rear  pressure 2.0 bar = 29psi = 200kpa

i have towed up to 2 tonne with these pressures an not had any handling issues
suspension on normal

i have tried having the rears at 32psi on the return trip an didnt seem to make much difference
the only issue i had was the difference in fuel consumption but then with the weight i was tugging to london
from somerset it halved my mpg rating very easily
no matter which rear pressures i had
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Towing & technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: