Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

"gdi microfilters" inline filter from bulkhead be

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
des.couch

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 19:05    Post subject: "gdi microfilters" inline filter from bulkhead be Reply with quote

it seems your all still haveing problems with gdi microfilters  if you look on photobucket you will see pictures of a adapted 1997 pajero gdi filter up-stream of the microfilter
on a 2001 shogun gdi it costa £ 35.00 ish and does away with the problem of contaminated fuel reaching the microfilters once and for all
the parts can be bought from newton motors in liverool who are on 0151-727-2609   speak tp paul newton who is very helpfulor
look up my previous posts...................................................
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 19:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

shoggyraminator

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Des,  
Looked at photobucket but can't find any pictures of this. Can you paste the link please?
Regards Andy
des.couch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:24    Post subject: photo bucket Reply with quote

they are there   http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z431/descouch/DSCF0886.jpg    i checked just type in descouch and go to albums..................................
des.couch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:31    Post subject: gdi filter conversion Reply with quote

pictures are as follows
http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z431/descouch/DSCF0923.jpg
http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z431/descouch/DSCF0883.jpg
http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z431/descouch/DSCF0884.jpg
http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z431/descouch/DSCF0885.jpg
http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z431/descouch/DSCF0886.jpg
http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z431/descouch/DSCF0887.jpg
http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z431/descouch/DSCF0888.jpg
knightstorm
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:39    Post subject: Re: gdi filter conversion Reply with quote

des.couch wrote:
pictures are as follows

bit easier  Wink
hutchy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

so basicly you have 2 big fuel filters on the same line the one under the car,and the one you have fitted as a mod Question
radiomike

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 14:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

hutchy wrote:
so basicly you have 2 big fuel filters on the same line the one under the car,and the one you have fitted as a mod Question

Mk3 only has a sock over the fuel pump pick-up in the tank, no inline filter, not sure about mk2.  Mk3 also has a problem with the filler to tank pipe corroding and filling the tank with rust.
hutchy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

the mk2 has the t bag filter on the in tank pump then the fuel runs through a filter that is mounted under the chassis then goes into the pump on the engine,they are a nightmare if your not sure,but i replaced all the fuel lines and filters on mine a few months back,as they were starting to corode,so i got new ones made as mitsy couldn,t narrow down which pipe was for what as there info borught up 30 different pipes i mean how many ways can you fit a pipe onto a car Wink
johannesj

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will actually be doing this mod later this year - just awaiting a response from camskil as to whether they ship to the Caribbean as I will need that inline filter ADC42350.

Hats off to des.couch for this mod. I never understood why this wasn't a factory set up on the Gen 3 Pajero GDI - it just makes so much sense.

Des.couch based on your experience has anyone complained of any issues since doing this mod,

New inline filter affecting flow rates
Leaks and fumes from bad installation
No improvement to filtration, still experiencing micro filter issues

Finally what has been your experience with the new inline filter change interval - I am asking so I will have an idea how many to order and keep I stock in my garage.

Thanks again guys, this forum is amazing.
des.couch

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

basically i have had no further problems from the car
what i did doo was drop the contenent s of the fuel tank and filter it what it showed was a fine fibre of some kind in the filter of the funnel i used
i assumed it was from the filter in the tank it actually looked like glass fibre dust and glistened in the light.

all i have basically done is retrofit the filter further up the line and have a local engineering shop make an adapter for the differing threads from a scrap vauxhall fuel rail assembly they had in
i have also changed the micro filter on top of the engine but thats all in all 3 hours work being careful due too the fuel line..........
des.couch

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 17:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what i have read it appears u guys are thinking i have 2 filters on this 2001 3.5 gdi i actually only have fitted the 1 pictured which is from a 1997 pajero gdi which is located under the car in the
first picture i have basically adapted it too fit the later 4x4 as u can see..................
dangerous brain

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am needing to perform this modification as I have suffered exactly the issue of the blocked microfilters maybe from putting fuel in from a Jerri can I used to extend my range on a recent long trip I ended up getting towed home on. I can order up the fuel filter no issues as it's a straight blueprint part (bit expensive for a fuel filter at £55 mind) but the adaptor is another thing completely. Any ideas on an off the shelf part that will perform this function?
shoggyraminator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I opted for inserting a filter in the same place but used the Sytec Motorsport SSF5160 filter (around £6) with bullet ends, so attached with a couple of SS fule clips. The filter is 2 stage from 20 then to 10 micron filtering anthing out before the micro filters. Regards Andy.
dangerous brain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 23:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoggyraminator wrote:
Hello, I opted for inserting a filter in the same place but used the Sytec Motorsport SSF5160 filter (around £6) with bullet ends, so attached with a couple of SS fule clips. The filter is 2 stage from 20 then to 10 micron filtering anthing out before the micro filters. Regards Andy.

Ah thank-you for that steer. However I would prefer to not chop the fuel lines and just plug and play. The following product from Sytec states that the adaptors for it are included and still comes in cheaper than the blueprint part listed above. Does anyone know what the thread is on the pipe break point shown in the photo's on this thread?

www dot demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/fuel-filters/sytec-motorsport-high-flow-fuel-filter
dangerous brain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I have ordered the microfilters, many thanks to the forum as the service guy at mitsubishi said they didn't list the part but he knew they existed as he had been asked to order them previously. They are in the post. I got a quote for the blueprint inline fuel filter for the modification and that was £55 at cost no markup from my local autofactors (they were actually embarrassed when they told me the price). I then used another helpful link in the stickies on here and located a Hengst part number for the same item and that is being delivered for £12 from Amazon which is a lot more reasonable. I would post a picture of it but I am not allowed to post links yet.

So I guess I am back to the same question now which is what size thread is on the output of that blueprint/Hengst 1997 model filter and what size thread is on the pipe on the car so I can buy an adaptor?

Another question I would ask is why exactly did mitsubishi think it was a good idea to remove the filter from the design in the first place?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: