Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Recall....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
budgiebasher

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 16:29    Post subject: Recall.... Reply with quote

I took my 2.8 diesel pajero which had an mot the 4 days  before and passed no problem in for the pitman arm and cold start fuel pump level for the recalls last week and boy i wish i would of done it myself,
I took in to the main dealer in colchester Essex and cant believe what they done.
1, Told me it would take 2 hours which i thought i would wait around for it to be done .... but in fact took them over 6 hours.
2, when i went to drive away the steering wheel had to be held at a 45. angle to go straight.
I turned around and when straight back only to be told sorry here is a list of faults that were found and forgot to give me before,
play in steering box,
play in the  idler arm
both steering gattor split.
Tracking out.
By the time the manager came out the power steering fluid was completely empty ( all on forecourt )
He said my pajero must of had these faults and if i wanted he would give my a price to complete the work I showed him the mot papers showing the mot was only done 4 days ago and how it could of passed only for him to tell me to take it back to the garage as they didn't do there job properly, all he kept saying is they couldn't of damaged my car.
I guess you know what i told him lol,
How can garages get away with this sort of thing and i wonder how mush of this sort of thing happens...
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 16:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

neil-tce
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly  your not the first to go to a mitsi mainsteeler and have problems like this....

one reason why i would never go to one...
alan9362

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would email mitsi uk customer services and register a complaint against the dealership, i had mine done a few weeks back and apart from getting the tracking redone had no problems

Email this guy, Lance Bradley ( L.Bradley@mitsubishi-cars.co.uk ) he is the MD of Mitsubishi UK and detail what happened to him, and ask for his assistance..
Andith

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a shame that its so hit or miss with dealers, i had a recall for s steering issue on a r reg bmw 318is some years back took it to the dealer and they were spot on. even mentioned how well i'd looked after the car. i did used to wash it twice a week mind. and the guy i bought it off never drove it in winter or rain.

just got ym shogun so will do the recall test through mitsy soon as log book comes back for pitman arm
minesapasty
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's easier and cheaper just to get a S/H unit from ebay or a scrappies and fit it yourself.......... I had the same happen when my old 2.5 was in for it's recall, and unless you have proof that the mechanic didnt follow the correct procedure or tools etc, Mitsi wont do anything.
nigelbilly
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

best thing to do is take some pictures of the under side just be for you take it in
Dmcmylor

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had my pitman done at Montys in Sheffield and I must say, they were excellent  Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: