2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Need help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
m.a.e.

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:59    Post subject: Need help Reply with quote

Hello
I don't know if here is the right place for this post, if is not, please to an administrator to move it .

Short-story-As i said in presentation, i'm new on 4x4 and owner of an V24 from '92; because of the legislation , i have to pay 6k euros for registrating this car, imported from Austria. But if i prepare  it for competition, i can registrate the vehicle without paying this tax, only paying the rest , just few hundreds.
The mechanical aspect is not a problem, it's not the first that i'm doing, but i need the papers too, and that's why i need help.

I'm trying to find the FIA Homologation book (i don't know if i translate correct) for Pajero V24 from '92; the number of this Homologation is T1046, valid till 2006+(my luck, still valid); i've heard that you can buy this from french federation, but it's a little tricky for me and takes a lot of time.

If anybody have this and can help me, i'll pay for it if necessary, without any problems.

Thanks in advance
Alex
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

m.a.e.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobody knows anything about this homologation?
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi      This sounds even worse than trying to register in France, and prohibitively expensive  Shocked

I assume the homologation document you need is the same as the Cerrtificate of Conformity to European regulations ? Homologation  is  not really an English word, but from French it translates as conformity.

I am assuming your Pajero was sold as a new car in Austria so by rights it should  conform to all regulations in force at that time., however, Austria didn't join the EU until 1995, so your car will probably be treated as if it was imported from any other non EU country, plus Romania also was not in the EU... it all adds up to complication and paperwork, which if the Romanians  are anything like the French , they just love paperwork  Rolling Eyes However, I just found a bit of information in English about registering a vehicle in Romania, and it seems the cost is based on carbon emissions.. In Europe, carbon emission data was not published until about 2001, so  your Paj should not be nearly as expensive to register as a more recent  car.... at least that's how it works in France, and in Uk the annual car tax is cheaper too.

I expect you have this link already, but just in case you don't :  http://www.4tuning.ro/calculator-taxa-auto-2012/

Mtsubishi France can probably provide a certificate of conformity, but it will all be in French, so not much use in Romania.?  Is there a Mitsubishi Romania? If so, that's who I would expect you to need to get in touch with..  After much  time and registering 7 vehicles here in France, I know how frustrating it all can be, but the French guys did tell me that every European country has it's own regulations about registering  an imported used car.

I guess I've not been all that helpful, but do ask any more questions - we'll try to answer them if we can..
m.a.e.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank u very much for informations, but i think i wasn't clear on what i want Smile
I know the problem with registration on France, you don;t want to know the romanian legislation...here are 3 taxes valid on the moment, all of them illegal(told by UE), but state still collect these taxes; u can take your money back with a lawier, state gives u money back, and in 2-3 years when u want to sell it, the new owner must pay another new tax, wich in most cases is bigger than the value of the car itself...what do u think about this? I know, this is possible only in Romania.Smile
So at this moment, we still have to pay the FIrst Reigstering Tax, than the Enviroment Tax, bla bla bla...but nobody know WICH one to pay and to stay relax...

In one way, you are right, if you read u will think u have to pay conform CO emissions...WRONG...we have a new tax introduced for that, let's say this sounds normal for me and i can pay for this...but it's not THE ONLY...that's the problem...and relax, those money don;t go for enviromental protection...and knowing this, i'm trying to do something not to pay...i have the other cars and paied a lot for them...let's say it's enough

Here is not any problem because at origins, even the Pajero was imported form Japan, let's say, i have only registration papers from Austria, so i don't have any problems with that and conformity...i don't have for the moment, maybe in some years out autorities will think is better to make things MORE complicated and ask about this too...

About Mitsubishi dealers...forget about...as u can forget about nearly ALL distributors form here...they are all just sellers, if u want to ask something...go away to find the answers in other place...even if u want to know something technical, prices, parts, etc...so forget about this.

This Homologation, refering to competiton cars, is not something "usual" for a dealer, because not only the constructor of the car made competition cars...is right, once they made such a car, and based on this , FIA homologated a specific model with specific modifications, and the Homologation Book was born that way:)

That's why i'm trying to find the FIA Homologation Book Nr. T1046 , refered to my car; WIth this book and with mecahical modifications(made conform with models homologated in that) like rollcage, seats, seatbelts, etc ai can go to the Authorities , and when making the specific papers to registrate the car in Romania, it will have the addnotation "Vehicle For Competition" and this will give me the right to pay the rest of normal taxes(few hundreds) and registrate the car without paying THE BIG TAX ; the law permits the Competiton car, cars for public services(ambulances, police cars etc) and cars for persons with handicap to be registrated without paying that stupid tax.

For sorry, the Hungarian federation didn;t gave me an answer till today...i will call  an italian friend who have an homologated Rally-Raid Pajero, but wich have an 3000 Petrol engine, so another model...but ...nothing better till now

Here you can find different scanned homologation books; first is for an short pajero, but an older model than mine, liste at nr T1001; this is just as information of what i'm searcing for
http://web.archive.org/web/20050301230022/http://www.dasu.dk/Historiske-Homologeringsattester/GRT-1001-1053/

If i can't find the solution to homologate this car as a competiton one, i will do waht most people do...and registrate it on Bulgaria...even it's a small problem with false Bulgarian papers, i will go myself to make papers, even i have to "sold" my car to a bulgarian wich will registrate it and will give me the right to use it...it's like it's my car, but it's not mine...this will cost 500 euros at registration and the 250 euros/year...much more affordable ...as i said, i don;t want this, but if i don;t have any other options, i will do that too
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motorsport,  Romania, only oneplace, contact here, I am sure you will get the help you need

http://www.colinashop.ro/
m.a.e.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
I know them, bought some gadgets from there...they don't sell those papers that i need
Thanks anyway
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: