Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

dorking shere green laning

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 'Other' events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cal646
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

NG Tiling wrote:
Right, nervous newbie here.... Thinking it sounds fun, but not sure what's involved (apart from lots of mud!), I have falken road tyres on the front and grabber A/Ts on the back, and its my only vehicle, used for self employed work too..... Is green laning a good idea, or can I meet up and grab a lift instead, to see for myself before trying?  Am about 20 mins from Dorking (I think that's where you were talking about????)

Cheers

is it well maintained? green laning is mostly gentle round dorking and an excellent place to learn to off road minimum damage and you will get some dirt not sure if the meet was going ahead this weekend as was supposed to be down basingstoke way,but i dont think thats happening,so im probably going to go dorking this weekend and your more than welcome to come with bring ya paj i had road tyres on when i first started laning and she made it where a jacked up, nobbly tyres discobus went there good few hours worth if your up for it!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 19:37    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

NG Tiling

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 0:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

cal646 wrote:
NG Tiling wrote:
Right, nervous newbie here.... Thinking it sounds fun, but not sure what's involved (apart from lots of mud!), I have falken road tyres on the front and grabber A/Ts on the back, and its my only vehicle, used for self employed work too..... Is green laning a good idea, or can I meet up and grab a lift instead, to see for myself before trying?  Am about 20 mins from Dorking (I think that's where you were talking about????)

Cheers

is it well maintained?

Ummm. I've had it 2 weeks.  The tyres and pump seals are sorted, all the rest of the suspension and bushes are fubar'd as far as I can tell... Still, I wouldn't mind having a go Smile. Can prob manage an hour or so on Sunday morning, as long as there is a cuppa and a bun involved.  Where's best to meet?
wilwil_uk

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 0:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn it im unsure now my driver side diff seal is pixxing oil out, think i msy have done too much puddles the other wk, will need looking at before coming out again but i can alwsys do a portsdown hill mini meet first if anyone is interested, i think we south need looking into sone regular play days what u guys think, we have lot of lanes around n salisbury plain the biggest playground down the road
cal646
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol mine was in same condition changed the upper and lower ball joints it needs new bushes all round and some new suspension but it loves it off road Laughing i got to sort out this oil leak on mine too today bloody half moon seal is letting by but prob be up for couple hours sunday morn and im not sure the garage at the bottom of the hill does buns maybe a dry sandwich lol, an yes wilwiluk i think we should defo get a regular meet on the go soon just seems everyone develops a fault before we go so if we do a surprise but planned meet we can get off roading before a truck shats oil everywhere haha,do you know the garage at the bottom of the hill if you come from motorway going towards dorking? would meet there cg givons grove roundabout have a look on google maps an follow a24 from the m25
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

NG Tiling wrote:

Cheers

I use mine for work too,and a daily bus for school runs,also do odd lanes and driven with common sense(have no real choice on lanes)apart from the odd ones who ruin it............

But they are tough trucks,you drive to the situation,slow,careful and unlikely to break anything.Most breakages tend to be 2 things,either part fubar and well on way out or big boots spinning away then bite and can snap 1/2 shafts etc.This however tends to be more common on  other 4x4s,mitsi are well built and can easy cope with lanes.Go have some fun,you will be surprised by what they can do standard,lock centre diff when required,go slow,if not sure get spotted and always be with at least another truck.HAVE FUN and go for it..................you will be doing it again i guarantee  Wink

Couple of shackles,and strop for boot is a very good idea,most have them anyway but better to have your own Wink at under Ģ30 all in its a must.2x min of 3.5t shackles(6t etc) and anything above 5t strop is more than sufficient.I have a few in the boot (thanks to keith) and with the weather turning will be useful also.

Be warned though,mods will soon follow,dont try and deny it Laughing  Wink
NG Tiling

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 14:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, have to rain check this, family stuff, sorry.

Appreciate the advice, will look into picking up some shackles, and yes I know where the Givons Grove roundabout is, hope to meet up with you soon.
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are good and up to the job
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Green-Pin-Hi-Load-4-75T-4x4-Recovery-Bow-Shackle-/280469144077?pt=UK_Recovery_Tools&hash=item414d43820d#ht_500wt_1054

Can buy all in
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tow-Strap-4-5mtr-4x4-Offroad-Tree-Strop-Tested-shackles-/150502645798?pt=UK_Recovery_Tools&hash=item230aa82026

Strops
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tow-Rope-Strap-4x4-5TON-5MTR-Tree-Winch-Recovery-Strop-Landrover-Suzuki-SJ-/150740668012?pt=UK_SportingGoods_OtherSports&var=&hash=item2318d80e6c#ht_1160wt_1271

Have a look through,just dont buy cheap carp Wink as it is your life................shackle giving way under load will go through your truck Shocked
cal646
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 15:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah well were wrap this thread up for now then, hope all is well ng tiling, and next time your free for a meet send me a pm and il show you the lanes around there !!
moreby

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 23:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any guys wanting to join us green laning

We regularly go out for a good few hours can do anything from easy light to deep puddles and extreme lanes.
mad_monk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

extream ones for me  its nice to now your limits
moreby

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

going green laning 2moro night. any 1 wanna come have some fun???
cal646
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry mate got plans for tonight but was go go on the salisbury plain jaunt tomorrow night if your up for it should be a bit of a conoy there
mad_monk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

damm i would have been up for that if id loged on earlyer

this is what iv been up to lately (up to no good ,,as the wife says) gave the paj a wash yes a wash
take a look
http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=142843
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 'Other' events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: