Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Salisbury Plains - rules, regulations and byelaws

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Green Laning and 'off-road' - Useful Links
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 17:19    Post subject: Salisbury Plains - rules, regulations and byelaws Reply with quote

http://www.modpol.org/SPTA/

this link gives some info for you that intend to embark onto the Salisbury plains, and surronding area.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 17:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

trevor green

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add to Ritchies post...

This sites on my 'favourites' list. Laughing

I and many of my fellow Off-roaders have been using the Green lanes of Salisbury Plain for a long time now. Often meeting other groups of fellow off-roaders from other clubs whilst on the plains, out to enjoy the benefits of their 4x4. Very Happy
Have always found the Rangers to be very helpful. Laughing If you are stopped. Be polite and the Ranger will often help you on your way. Wink
Never go alone, preferably be with an organised group. Don't forget to take your mobile phone with you. Laughing

It is a very enjoyable place to take the paj and have spent many a wonderful days Off-Roading on the Plains Wink

rgds
trev and aly Laughing
Pete Chambers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 23:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rangers ?????????? Gee, guess i should pin me a tin star on my waistcoat and clean me spurs too.lol, Jokin. We are Land Wardens, And Range Wardens, the Range wardens will generally leave you alone unless you are in the 'danger areas', you are normally in the 5h1t if they have to call a 'check fire' due to someone being where they shouldn't.

The Land Wardens are the ones who keep an eye on everywhere else.

Any questions about SPTA, where to go, not to go, what you can do and not do, just pm me on here, I am one of these 'Rangers' lol, well, actually, a Range Warden there.

Have fun, take care, don't pick up any strange objects. seriously.
Pete Chambers

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 13:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mod.uk/NR/rdonlyres/BF5981E9-5FF5-4677-9219-1C6506BC2B25/0/salisbury_plain.pdf

Here are the bylaws relating to the whole of Salisbury Plain Training Area. It is a CRIMINAL offence to break these, which can land you in court and lose you your paj to the queen. There are more that cover the 'flagged' areas when in use, but you don't need to know them, just stay out when the flags/ lamps are displayed.
BLOODNOK

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 17:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a Similar set of bylaws available to be viewed for the Otterburn Ranges in Northumberland?

Are they open to the Public on that MOD's days off?
Pete Chambers

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLOODNOK wrote:
Is there a Similar set of bylaws available to be viewed for the Otterburn Ranges in Northumberland?

Are they open to the Public on that MOD's days off?

There is a set of bylaws, but i dont know the score about public access on them as its not my patch, sorry

http://www.mod.uk/NR/rdonlyres/EA8F48F7-7D42-469F-A178-0D696D5CF073/0/otterburn_training_area.pdf
happytrucker

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:27    Post subject: Re: Salisbury Plains - rules, regulations and byelaws Reply with quote

Richie wrote:

this link gives some info for you that intend to embark onto the Salisbury plains, and surronding area.

hi richie tryed link but unable to locate any g/lanes  Confused
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:44    Post subject: Re: Salisbury Plains - rules, regulations and byelaws Reply with quote

happytrucker wrote:
Richie wrote:

hi richie tryed link but unable to locate any g/lanes  Confused

PM  Pete Chambers, he is more upto date than me now, that post of mine was 2004 !!
Hamster1990

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there any more recent links to this as the 2 i tried dont work.
ive recently moved to larkhill camp which backs on to SPTA and makes an ideal playground for me
cheers guys
Pete Chambers

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bylaws are in signposts at every prow entry to the training area. I can find out a new link when I'm back at work, but that's not till jan 7th. If you want a guide, give me a shout
Hamster1990

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

any info is better than no info Smile
but i dont mind waiting im not back down there till the 6th of jan as im home on leave at the min
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Green Laning and 'off-road' - Useful Links All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: