QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

A/T usage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 18:57    Post subject: A/T usage Reply with quote

A/T mode changeover switch
According to road conditions, set the switch at 'normal', 'pwr' or 'hold' for normal driving, for greater power driving, of for shift stage hold driving.

Each time you press the switch, the 'normal', 'pwr' or 'hold' modes will switch alternatively.  The 'pwr' and 'hold' indicator in the instrument panel comes on or off.

Normal driving your vehicle in the 'normal' mode where the switch is not pressed.  The 'pwr' and 'hold' indicator go out.

Normal

Select this mode for normal driving, in this mode, your vehicle will run quietly and smoothly with good fuel economy.

PWR (Power)

Select this mode when you require greater power.
Use this mode when you need more engine power, such as when you are driving in mountainous areas, or want to accelerate to pass other vehicles at high speed.

HOLD
Select 'Hold' mode when you start your vehicle on a road surface slippery from snow, or the like, and the vehicle will start smoothly in second gear.

Operation.

(1)  Before selecting a gear with engine running and the vehicle stationary, fully depress the brake pedal to prevent the vehicle from creeping.
The vehicle will begin to move as soon as the gear is engaged, especially when the engine speed is high, at fast idle or the air conditioner is operating, the brakes should be released only when your ready to drive away.
(2)  Depress the brake pedal with the right foot at all times, using left foot could cause the driver moment delay to sudden manoeuver in case of an emergency.
(3)  To prevent sudden acceleration, never race the engine when shifting from 'P' or 'N'
(4)  Operating the accelerator pedal while the other foot is resting on the brake pedal will affect braking efficiency and may cause premature wear on brake pads.

Do not race the engine with brake pedal pressed, this can damage the transmission.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 18:57    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

spladdy

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 22:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great info . New member , I have a Shogun Sport  but I guess that most of the info is ok .
jude@bogia

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

At Richie,
Hi, I am having a diagnostic problem. ops: As I was driving my my 1994 Mitsubishi Pajero (Auto) Exceed the power to Drive became weaker and then after about 20mins at 70Kph the power was completely lost. I towed it to a nearby mechanic who said I may need to have the gearbox replaced. The mech had the ATF changed and towed it back to my house Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Said he does not know where the diagnostic connectors can fit and left me.
I realised now that "Reverse" is working alright. I think I want to go to the bottom of this because my wife and 3 young kids really love this vehicle and are not prepared for us to sell it yet. What could be your best opinion regarding this situation? ops: Crying or Very sad

Jude@Bogia.
Pajero Classics: V46WG, 4M40. Madang, Papua New Guinea.
John61

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 15:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine must be broken, cause I cant tell any difference between normal and pwr settings.......
Richy85

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

John61 wrote:
Mine must be broken, cause I cant tell any difference between normal and pwr settings.......

On mine the difference is very small. It just revs a bit higher before it changes gear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: