2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

rear door / tailgate lock jammed / ceased / won't open ...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mace

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 15:07    Post subject: waterproof grease Reply with quote

being a boat owner I have to use waterproof grease on the grease points for the stern drive. I also use it on all the car bits that are vulnerable to water/corrosion like rear door latches, bonnet catches etc. You can get it from your local chandlers - and there will be one wherever you live.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 15:07    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

DTS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat. wrote:
Found time to look at my rear entry today - been blocked for a month!

Shocked
mistabushi
Events rep (South Wales)
Events rep (South Wales)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 20:12    Post subject: sticking rear door Reply with quote

Sad had too strip the door covering off the paj today, the boot wouldnt open, sprayed some WD40 on the mechanism to free it Laughing , some water had got in and rusted the return spring up, keep your eyes open and dont take to a garage its an easy fix. Very Happy
soundguy

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 19:48    Post subject: Rear door lock and handle Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Lookng for a bit of help. My rear dooe on my Pajero has stopped working. The handle is just floppy when you squeeze it to open. I have an Haynes manual which isn't that helpful and I can't even open the door from the inside to give me room to look. Is there a way I can get to the rear door mechanism without opening the rear door as I can't see any obvious srews to undo to get the inside panel off.

Hope someone can help or has come across this problem and knows and easy solution.

The problem did happen a few weeks ago and then seemed to work again, but then lasted a week and and stopped

Thanks

Tim
fastnige
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn
Location: the black country, netherton,dudley , west midlands

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi tim... the only way to get it fixed is to remove the rear door card just prise it off all the way around with a screwdriver then give it a good soak in dub d 40 mate  normally does the trick  Wink
kevin0512

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:19    Post subject: rear door lock jammed Reply with quote

can anyone help, closed my rear door this morning and trapped something between it and frame now the lock is in the locked position and cant close door tried lock and unlock with alarm but nothing still in closed position has anyone any ideas how to get it into open so i can then close door plsssssss help ta
SHED
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

u sure summats jammed as this is a common prob,pull the door card back and spray with wd40
kevin0512

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lock is in the locked position and wont open think the latch has pushed right round
bob cole
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevin0512 wrote:
the lock is in the locked position and wont open think the latch has pushed right round

You need to climb in the rear compartment (boot space) to get at the inside of the back door.
take off the handle Two screws) and take out the tool storage compartment ( not sure, two or four Screws) and the release catch (one screw, i think), then prise off the door card with a flat blade, just go round the edges and lever it off.
You can then see all the mechanism give it a good going over with wd40 then move it about to free it off.
slap a bit of grease on the moving parts.
As they say, assembly is the reverse.
Job done. half an hour or so.
hope this helps.

bob
kevin0512

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 15:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

ty very much all sorted now ta
Gareth Reid

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:48    Post subject: Rear door issue Reply with quote

Hi have just done mine this weekend gone, and really does only take 25 mins, grease it up and work it in for about 5 mins , jobs a good un. , mine was the spring but grease anywhere you can, i will need a new spring soon but will do for now.. if the door handle is floopy you need grease
matt17081

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah as alread said just pull off the panels and spray to get to the mechanisim, but instead of using WD40 i used motorcycle chain lube as this has a solvent in it thats supposed to evaporate off leaving the grease behind but it penetrates the workings better than just grease, and with the nozzle you can get right into the other all of the other locks at the same time
shinyshilling

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have to take the door card off totally or can you just spray WD40 on it and open and close it a few times? The handle on my door has gone floppy as someone stated, a couple of times now. It seems to happen when it's very cold and usually when we're in the middle of nowhere with a massive muddy dog and two muddy buggies to get back in the boot!
mark dale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 18:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just done this on 2 of my vehicles - so took a before and after pic or 2 ...  

before

After

the little white plastic lever is attached to the rear door handle and pushes down the catch. if it is rusted/seized, and stuck down, then the rear door handle is "floppy"

I had to do 1 from inside as it was jammed shut - 25 mins
the other was intermittant, so I did it with the door open - 15-20 mins

mark " can get in now " dale
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: