QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Kirton Pay&play

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 'Other' events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob546454

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 23:13    Post subject: Kirton Pay&play Reply with quote

About the site:

Well this was my first trip to the site near Scunthorpe. Its £40 in but they do jetwash your car and the marshals recover you pretty quick. Its better than Tong, you can go anywhere you apart from by the quarry machinery. Its not designated routes like Tong you are free to roam. At 600 acres it dwarfs Tong too. There is a nice cafe on site too but the service is painfully slow. But to be fair it was packed when I went in.

My day:

It went really well right from the start, without incident for at least the first 15 minutes  Laughing

I ended up in water up to my nob but it was my own fault. I parked strategically and took some pictures while I waited for the water to drain out.

I stalled it in a mud pit and my starter motor inconveniently decided to go on strike; it took two discos to pull me out even though I was not actually stuck.

A very steep decline, Managed to get a sideways tilt of over 45 degrees which was worrying  Laughing

This was the only way out as I didn't have a snorkel to drive through the lake; nether did the Izuzu. I tried to forge my own path in a heroic effort to get out but only managed to cave my sill in. So we sat and awaited a winch. Half an hour after closing time we were out of the pit.

Some final shots.

I promised myself I wasn't going to damage it this time  Embarassed
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 23:13    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

shogunsportj14

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think we should both go when were both free in next few months ive always wanted to go but never got round to it
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks a cracking day,too pics and love the shorty Cool ouch for the sill Crying or Very sad Only thing puts me off quarries is the carp in the water,fubars wheel bearings for fun Rolling Eyes Next time pic of you  pulling the discos out please  Laughing
Rob546454

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a good day, dispute the fishtank in the headlight, smashed sill which the door catches, broken bash plate, lost number plate, inconvinient starter motor. Water pouring in through the dash...

Oh and my diff is jammed but I made a thread about that.

Oh and where I took the pictures of the izuzu I slipped at the top and went straight down to the bottom making a mess of myself and the interior.  Rolling Eyes

The started is slow and lazy, a good whack wakes it up. Glad I bought that new hammer Very Happy

I have to say its not as user friendly as Tong, you really need to have some self restraint and mechanical sympathy. Which as you can see I lack  Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 'Other' events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: