eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Flashing A/T light

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim2800TD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 14:51    Post subject: Flashing A/T light Reply with quote

on a 94 LWB 2800TD after driving for a couple of minutes the red "A/T" light starts flashing and continues flashing throughout the whole journey evertime I drive it.
Any ideas what this means?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 14:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

SteveW

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim,

I looked up what the A/T Temp light was for the other day as I had noticed it on start up. The Owner's manual states:

"The ignition must be in the ON position. This light illuminates to indicate that the transmission oil temperature is too high. When the transmission oil temperature is normal, the light will go out when the engine is started. If this light illuminates when driving, pull over to the side of the road and place the shift lever into P. Leave the engine running and open the bonnet. If the light goes out it is safe to drive. If the light does not go out or comes on frequently, contact MITSUBISHI"

I think you need to get this checked before it completely trashes your transmission.

Hope that helps,

Steve.
Garchie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 21:35    Post subject: Flashing A/T light Reply with quote

I have the same problem, mine comes on after about 10 miles, it then flashes, and go's out, then on off all the time, it goe's out when sometimes when I have put more pressure on the gearbox, when you would expect it to stay on, sometime it will go out, and stay out for miles, then flash a few time, then nothing.
kasandrich

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is the last time either of you with the light coming on changed the fluid Question

I think you have a problem, Sad but do bear in mind it could be the fluid temperature sensor thats faulty Twisted Evil

Richard
Garchie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 1:09    Post subject: Flashing A/T light Reply with quote

I have not changed the fluid, as I had assumed it was a problem with the sensor, I will try that this weekend, I hope that it will solve the problem, as it is getting on my nerves.

I did'nt now how often the oil needs to be changed, or how to go about it, until yesterdsay.

Cheers
Gary
Basildon
warbird

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 9:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Just a thought, Have any of you guys checked the oil level in the transmission? with less oil in the system It will get hotter as there is less fluid to carry out heat transfer! Also, are you checking the trans fluid the correct way? Handbrake on, engine at idle, in drive cos if your not running the engine or in drive you will get a false reading as there will not be much fluid in the torque converter or around the gearbox so the oil pan will show fuller with more oil further up the dipstick. Please do check that the trans oil is checked useing this method on the Pajero as I am just remembering back to my garage days for checking auto transmissions. Also, If you go off road a lot, check where your transmission fluid cooler is, maybe its external from the water rad, it could be clogged up with mud as could the water radiator! while cold, wash the fins of the radiator with a hose pipe to get the mud out DON'T use a pressure washer as you will damage the thin cooling fins in the rad & don't clean it when the radiator is hot as this will just bake the mud hard! Check for mud around the oil pan on the transmission as this will help to keep the heat in the oil as the oil pan is usually made from thin steel to aid cooling. I hope this helps !
Cheers
Geoff W
Garchie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 0:06    Post subject: Flashing A/T light Reply with quote

Very Happy Done the oil change on Sunday, seems to have cured the problem, took it out for a run, to Southend, about 25 miles round trip, not a single flicker, hope thats the end of that.
cheers guy for pointing the way.
Gary Very Happy
carlyoungie1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 0:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary how much Auto oil did you have to put back in after you emptied the box. Want to do mine but i also want to make sure i buy enough before i start the job. Cheers CARL.
Garchie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 2:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got 3 litres from Halfords Dextron III, it may be a bit low, but it has worked, not a flash all night.
Very Happy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: