Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

french registration

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grayjay

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Daisy. Your knowledge of the French system is impressive..... I guess we will get there one day. I have been warned that the registration fee could be quite high as is the insurance in France. In the end we figure that a couple of years not paying the UK road tax will probably cover our costs at the outset. The insurance seems incredibly high at 650euros but it does include recovery so on balance it is worth paying. Bit annoying though since Admiral quoted £210 if it was used in UK! One big surprise is that the Shogun actually turns in more mpg from the 3.2 litre engine than the 2.2 litre engine in the Toyota Estima I owned previously. Thank you again for your input.
Best regards
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 17:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The cost of registration can be calculated here: http://www.carte-grise.org/cout_carte_grise.htm
input the department where you live - vehicule neuf and puissance fiscale which for a 2.8 Paj is 11, so perhaps yours will be 12? This takes you to the next page when you can input genre ( vehicule de tourisme ) essence or diesel - or electric ( ha ha ) 1ere mise en circulation - ??/??/2006 and you should have a co2 co-efficient, which us lowly old vehicle guys don't  Wink . Bob's your uncle.

Well, we've registered in 4 years, the 1995 Paj LWB, the Volvo 850 T5, the Swiss origin Porsche 944, a 2,200kg all up with the boat on it - boat trailer from around 1996,  I put 1993 cause it made it easier, the 1993 Bailey caravan, just got through yesterday, the Blue line box trailer - fingers crossed also through yesterday, and we went to pick up the SWB registration today, to discover they've made an error on the date of first registraion. The lady seemed quite surprised when I refused point blank to pay 406euros for something I know should only cost about 160.. Anyway my new friend M Courseau at the DREAL has now been sent an email asking him to rectify the mistake. We have enough ( too many  Embarassed ) cars not to need Scarlett for another few weeks...

Re insurance, you should be able to get a better price once you have the registration, though transferring UK no claims can be tricky. At the moment all our cars and trailers are with Generali through an English sepaking ( though that wasn't necessary for us ) broker , Agence Eaton. They are good, but i know that somewhere like internet Amaguiz is MUCH cheaper. However how they fare when or if you have to make a claim I don't know. The French are still raw beginners with internet business.

I started planning and reading up on all this in about 2005. We moved over here in 2008, so I guess I mostly know what I'm talking about.. perhaps Embarassed  Laughing  Laughing
grayjay

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:44    Post subject: French registration Reply with quote

Hi Daisy,
           All done as you suggested and happily this morning (Friday 13th!)  the certificate Provisoire d'Immatriculation arrived in the post today Very Happy it amazed me that the COC was supplied free of charge from Mitsubishi UK although it was of course printed in English apart from the front which covered several European languages. So to cover all bases I decided to translate and copy the COC into French and sent it in along with the original. You were correct in assuming puissance was 12 which gave a fee of E600.50 so quite expensive when coupled with E700+ for insurance..... next year we will shop around for insurance! Plates were E44.00 as we needed an extra plate for the trailer. Incidentally all of this was done by post through the Mairie so not bad turnaround time once all the documents were gathered. If anyone would like a copy of COC translation I would be delighted to send one via email.
           Question: does my Shogun 2006 have a DPF fitted or were they fitted afterwards on the 2007 model?
Best regards
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 18:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Grayjay,

If you pick this up - I am in process of registering a new to me 2006 Shoggy Field, UK of course as they are so much  cheaper than here. I have started a translation of the Certificate of Conformity, but if you have one already done it would save me some time, any chance of either posting it here or emailing it to me ?

Thanks. Regards, Anne
grayjay

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 18:48    Post subject: COC French translation. Reply with quote

Hi Daisy, if you send your email address to turbo2217@yahoo.co.uk    I will happily send a copy of my translation which worked ok for me.
Best regards grayjay
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the translation grayjay Very Happy I changed a few words and also put PV, PTAC PTRAC where necessary so that the ladies at the prefecture have absolutely no excuse to say they don't understand it  Laughing Do you have any objection to me putting it on here for anyone else who might need it ?

However, I have a grumble - my CoC from Mitsubishi UK cost me £120 !!! 's'not fair  Crying or Very sad  Wink

My headlights arrived today in an enormous box  Shocked so if and when it stops raining, i might go outside and have a shufty to see how difficult or not it may be to change them. I don't have a workshop manual, but because they're all in one unit it shouldn't be too hard ?  Laughing

Ther car is booking in for CT and the cam guide and tensioner on Tuesday - can't wait to be able to drive it around, especially cause my LWB is in awaiting new brake calipers from UK ( just another £180 or so for a pair Rolling Eyes ) The price in France ? about 300 euros - EACH !!!  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked I was lucky not to set fire to the wheel - noticed a slight grabbing sensation and pulled over, checked the wheels and the rear French nearside was really hot...   so I'm now driving the red shorty, which is up for sale - we've got way too many cars...  Laughing
grayjay

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:18    Post subject: France CoC Reply with quote

Hi there, pleased to hear you have had some success with the translation which of course you can use as and when required.
Can't understand why mitzi UK charged you for a copy of their coc?
The headlamp replacement is very simple and straight forward once you have removed the front grill panel. The only problem you may encounter is headlight alignment. I was lucky enough to have been directed to a very friendly CT examiner who adjusted mine whist CT was in progress. Offered him a tip but he refused! Maybe your CT guy will oblige too?
Best regards.
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, got the grille off no probs, undid the 3 bolts, but then there's another bolt ? thing lug with a bolt through it in the outer lower corner of the headlight unit - can't seem to get the unit to move, it's all free aside from that, but I can't see or access the bolt thing. I'm just comparing it with the new unit. Actually it seems to be a 'blind bolt as there's a plastic moulding over the outside. As it's all plastic I don't want to force it. Do you have to remove the inner wheel arch cover? or is there a sneaky springy catch like on the Mk2?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: