2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Interior door trim removal: 1997 Paj SWB Japanese Import

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeypg1

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:04    Post subject: Interior door trim removal: 1997 Paj SWB Japanese Import Reply with quote

Hello all!

Well I have done a search and can't find exactly what I am after so if someone would help I would be grateful.

I have just gotten hold of a 1997 SWB 2.8 in a fairly ropey condition and last week, I managed to break the drivers side door handle and now have to go through the passenger door to get in. I figured that the handle is 'un-boltable' from the inside of the car but I can't see an obvious way of removing the door trim and electric window button cluster.

I'm working out on contract in Islamabad so I reckon the local mechanics would basically *beeb* it up so need to do the job myself.

I managed to get my dad to send me a set of used handles (LH and RH) and these arrived via DHL yesterday and I shipped out my tool kit from the US so I have most tools admittedly more suited to motorbikes but hey ho...

Look forward to receiving some pearls of wisdom!

Cheers
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

joemaxi

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Mikey.
window switches just prize up with a flat screwdriver then unplug the multiplug by squeezing the little white tab on it and pulling wires away from switch.

there is a screw or 2  inside the interior door handle,remove grey blanking caps on handle and you will see them.There is also a screw holding the surround for the chrome exit handle in the top corner.
Think there are one or 2 push in clips at front end of panel, push centre of it in to release it with small screwdriver or suchlike.
the rest is just held on by clips on the back and can be removed carefully using a large screwdriver and levering at various points, panel then lifts upwards and off.
Speaker wires need to be unplugged if you have them.

door handle can be seen quite easily inside the door, just unhook the rod operating it and unbolt it, then fitting new one is reverse of that.
self explanatory when you see it Smile
mikeypg1

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

joemaxi wrote:
hi Mikey.
window switches just prize up with a flat screwdriver then unplug the multiplug by squeezing the little white tab on it and pulling wires away from switch.

there is a screw or 2  inside the interior door handle,remove grey blanking caps on handle and you will see them.There is also a screw holding the surround for the chrome exit handle in the top corner.
Think there are one or 2 push in clips at front end of panel, push centre of it in to release it with small screwdriver or suchlike.
the rest is just held on by clips on the back and can be removed carefully using a large screwdriver and levering at various points, panel then lifts upwards and off.
Speaker wires need to be unplugged if you have them.

door handle can be seen quite easily inside the door, just unhook the rod operating it and unbolt it, then fitting new one is reverse of that.
self explanatory when you see it Smile

Thanks for your guidance Joe - I will have a go at it this weekend and hope I don't get too ham-fisted on the levering of the panels!  thumbright
joemaxi

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Problem, just looked at mine again and there are two screws in the interior handle, both have little grey blanks that you flick out, and there are 2 of the grey fastners at the front end of said panel, just use something small to push the centre bit in and it will pop out enough to lever the whole thing out.
enjoy! Wink
Si7

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 16:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I confirm the MK2 Pajero drivers side electric window switch control panel 100% just "prises out"? I'm having to use far more leverage than I am happy with and the entire door panel is giving, is their a trick to it? Push in a thin screwdriver somewhere to release something first etc etc? I don't really want to take off the entire door card if I'm doing just something wrong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: