Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

2005 L200 4WD system

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> L200 discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rich r

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:32    Post subject: 2005 L200 4WD system Reply with quote

I've got a friend with a 2005 (ie Mark 3) L200, and want to introduce her to the wonders of green lanes. I haven't seen her truck, but just want to get a bit of information before we meet up.

I assume it doesn't have SuperSelect, so what are the 4WD options? Am I right in thinking that there is no 4WD without the centre diff locked? Is there a low ratio?
Is it a case of a transfer box lever just marked as 2WD and 4WD? Does the rear diff lock?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its similar to an 03 plate on 4wd (basic ) then 2h 4h ,only on off road as not SS,and low .Also should have a diff lock but near cubby area iirc .

So treat as 4h off road only(same as centre locked)
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presuming beginners lanes then 2h will do most,if slips I would use the 4h for the tricky bits and then back into 2h
rich r

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mark - it might actually be an 03 - the only photo I've got is a bit indistinct! I know it's black and shiny though - and she's not precious about getting a few scratches on it.  Cool

So effectively it's 2H/4Hlc/4Llc, and requires stopping to change between?

The lanes could be muddy rutted ones in places, so I might get her to put it in 4Hlc for those, but yeah, stick in 2H for the more solid ones. If she gets stuck and is spinning a rear wheel, we'll lock the rear diff. And back into 2H before we get to tarmac.

I've never 'led' a green laning trip before, so want to make her feel confident that I have some idea of what I'm talking about Smile This is just a rearranged version of the route Lewis took people on a few weeks back, and nothing challenging (though it could be muddy as it's rained a lot recently, and is set to rain more this week).
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 14:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

rich r wrote:
Thanks Mark - it might actually be an 03 - the only photo I've got is a bit indistinct! I know it's black and shiny though - and she's not precious about getting a few scratches on it.  Cool

So effectively it's 2H/4Hlc/4Llc, and requires stopping to change between?

The lanes could be muddy rutted ones in places, so I might get her to put it in 4Hlc for those, but yeah, stick in 2H for the more solid ones. If she gets stuck and is spinning a rear wheel, we'll lock the rear diff. And back into 2H before we get to tarmac.

I've never 'led' a green laning trip before, so want to make her feel confident that I have some idea of what I'm talking about Smile This is just a rearranged version of the route Lewis took people on a few weeks back, and nothing challenging (though it could be muddy as it's rained a lot recently, and is set to rain more this week).

Yes just view as the mk1 4wd or shogun sport,basic 4wd as really its a work truck.One i had had a rear locker,not sure all do but would have thought so also manual.Being honest i was less than impressed with drive Laughing miles apart from a pajero,its like kia and bently Laughing

One i had borrowed(dont get me wrong made up as had a truck to drive )but did not realise how agricultural they were,then as said its a work truck and 1st gear is way too short.....note the orange diff lock sticker,on shoguns in glove box

Leading is hardest as you are picking the path Laughing with someone in front and they get stuck,reverse etc etc you know to use momentum or another slight deviation.............no pressure  Laughing  Laughing

Serious though sounds fun,make sure you get some pics or it aint true Wink
Most import though ENJOY Exclamation and i am jealous Laughing
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 14:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now pic is bigger Rolling Eyes you can see diff lock switch near handbrake Laughing
rich r

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great - looks very similar to the only photo I have of Amy's L200, although she's got road tyres (and only had it three weeks). I'll have the recovery strap on the rear ready to hitch up to the L200 if it gets into trouble.

venn105 wrote:

Leading is hardest as you are picking the path Laughing with someone in front and they get stuck,reverse etc etc you know to use momentum or another slight deviation.............no pressure  Laughing  Laughing :

Except when I tried to follow you through Pindale forgetting you had slightly more ground clearance than me... Smile
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 15:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing  Laughing

Not missing much with those kumhos 71 tbh,noisy,slippy on road..............

Be fine Wink

As long as you dont find one of these................

Link

Laughing  Laughing  Wink
simmufc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice pics of warrior
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> L200 discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: