Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

8 mth in on mitsi ownership wots gone wrong ?????

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carswesty

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to add from my last post,,,,if you maintain them properly they will rarely go wrong!

i think i don't go through ball joints & things like that is because there are grease nipples everywhere & i go through them roughly every month!

they've never failed there M.O.T's but like i said, i think it's due to regular low cost maintenance rather than doing noting & waiting for it to ware out!

LOOK AFTER THEM & THEY WILL LOOK AFTER YOU!!!!!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:47    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

john cruicky

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

yip listening to all that posative stuff and as im a novice i liked new shape v6 and went and got one nice drive home ,showed the wife wot i spent money on
put the wipers on and they went together and away from each other (she wasnt impressed)hope this is not a shed ine bought
wilkobat

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 14:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

pajero 2.8 td, coming back home noticed a bit of steam coming out the bonnet,pulled over temp gauge high, rad hose above the thermostat, had blown off, put the hose back on, rad was empty checked the small pipe from the expansion bottle to the rad blew through it was solid, the waterway through the expansion bottle was solid with what looked like mud cleaned this out, topped the water up  to get home, not overheating at the moment touch wood, will give the rad a good flush tomorrow, hopefully not done damage .
cal646
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

well we had ours year and a half an its had 2 lower ball joints two upper ball joints, pit man arm (recall) 4 new 31x10.50x15 tyres a turbo rebuild by myself and now it needs a new radiator as some holes on the fan side but il never sell it now ive done half the mechanicals on it id never get rid just done all the fluids less the coolant and front diff never had a problem with it really got some new polybushes to go on later this year and a few other minor bits like rear spoiler light not working rattly seats the hardest thing is having time to fix them all was quite scared of working on it at first ,but i realised its like my race car and everyother vehicle ive owned bits go wrong and this site has steared me away from many wasted hours scratching my head wondering what to do!! thanks to venn, mark and every other experianced owner on pocuk youve saved me from the costly 'oooo that will be a few quid in labour!!' from a garage and to be fair its 20 years old id expect bits to go wrong but i can fix em with some well experianced minds to help
DR Corby

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 15:09    Post subject: if you get a gooden look after it! Reply with quote

[size=12]Hi Ive had my 1994 2.8 lwb auto for 6 years
      ive changed a couple of light bulbs,  serviced it with new oil air fuel filter, transmission oil,  every year, keep radiator filled with distilled water only, helps to prevent engine rust, the water is always nice and clear, had 4 new tyers at £60 each. very good seconds, purchased an EGR blanking plate, £15. new full exhaust system, i tow an 1800kg twin wheel base caravan  about 3 times a year,     we made regular trips from surrey to liverpool. 500 mile return trip, averaged 28 mpg, not with the caravan lol ,  not legal. but she will still sit at 100mph for miles, although not recommended lol,  i undersealed it, properly. changed 1 small pipe that leaked for the air con £22, then regassed it £45 ,,,, put diesel in it and air in the tyres . not bad for 6 years. i love mine and will keep till she rusts away. its now comming up to 20 years old, and ive only got minor rust now, so i think i will have her for a while yet,    BUY A GOOD ONE AND LOOK AFTER IT, AND IT WILL LOOK AFTER YOU!. Very Happy
i would recommend them. hope this helps. byeeeeeeeeeee    Wink
[/size]
daveybabes299

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

have had my 95 paj for 7 years,when i bought it it kept cutting out,the dealer said oh it is dirt in the fuel line..i fell for it and put up with the fault for a while,then i found out the symptons other people were having was because of the pump seal,so i had a new pump fitted..cost £400 back then and since that,its cost me nothing exept for service parts and a water pump..until now Crying or Very sad  the head gasket has gone and possibly the head with it,but i am going to get it fixed as it is the best car i have ever had..i had a range rover 4.0 petrol before that and it cost an absolute fortune in parts and broke down frequently with air suspension and ecu problems..never again!! the only other problem is that it wont change up to top gear until i reach about 50mph and i always seem to been doing about 48mph on my journey to work Laughing ..is this normal for paj's??
CLINK

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello people im new on here n my 1st post Smile .ive had mine 7 months now ,bought it with 3 weeks mot on it ,cost me £40 mot n £20 to fix it (brake pipes n bit of welding it is a shoggie not a paj  Smile ). since then ive put 1 tyre on,changed oil n filter 3 times due to previous owners not doing it ( had slight tap all good now with oil changes Smile ).rear discs n pads £60 ,and a bloody good clean in n out Smile, well happy with it ,oh cost me £700
jezza1972

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only had my first paj for three weeks now. I was lucky in the fact that the previous owner had maintained it regardless of cost and it needed quite a lot of front suspension work for the mot before i got it. He stopped using it for a while which made the 4x4 select sticky (it's fine now it's used). Otherwise the sunroof sticks (motor works just needs runners greasing), the rear door windows won't work (haven't even looked into that yet) and squeaky front brakes which were an easy cure (some red grease on the pins). It's been a learning curve but the old gal is a lot better than the chrysler it replaced and since removing the egr valve the mpg is better too.
pembrokeshire2.5lwb

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive had mine for just under 2 years now its done 170k and if im honest cost me quite a bit

4 x a/t falken tyres  £85 each
Injectors £140
Welding
New exhaust front to back £95
Recon starter £70
New belts £30
New fuel lines front to back £130
Servicing £150 Thats 3 services
Front brake pads £35
Rear lights failed so to get them sorted was £45

My mate who does most of the work on it for me as i just dont get time said its 1 of the best shoguns hes seen underneath in a long time. He said even newer ones have alot more rust than my truck  Very Happy

Im sure theres somethin missing from the list just cant think wot lol
Althogh ive spent a fair bit on her i really cant bare to part with it.

Its smoking like a steam train at the mo so just trying to sort that out. If i can solve it i will be keeping it for years. Alhough am definatly considering getting a newer one with a few less miles. Means i can service it properly instead of tryng to path up after someone else who hasnt looked after it.

The kids love it and even the mrs who is learning to drive now says she wants one wen she passes her test.

Ive also been looking at the delica as its bigger and with 4 young kids need the space. Only interested in a deli as its the same as shogun/ pajero.

I think ive ranted long enough lol Laughing
BOOBEGGER

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 19:40    Post subject: Nothing Reply with quote

Hi All

I've owned my truck for 7 months and i haven't needed to fix anything so far ,

Great car

MATT
basementclev2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello people im new on here n my 1st post Smile .ive had mine 7 months now ,bought it with 3 weeks mot on it
Robertbalkham

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had  a 94 swb 2.8td which now has 342k k/ms on the clock for the last 9 years
I service it regularly 3 times a year!!!  

FAULTS.....

Usual glow plugs..... 2 sets
odd steering linkage for the mot's ( That is all it seems to fail on )
tyres
2x batterys
starter motor ( what a pig that was to change !! )
1 minor electrical fault ( fixed thanks to the lovely people on this forum )

Apart from that it has been a pleasure to own,
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 14:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had mine for three years - 140,000 km on the clock.

Head cracked and turbo needed a rebuild.

Usual worn ball joints and glow plugs

Not much else.
Jontte

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 16:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pajero is still new to me, even when I just realized I've been driving it since 5th january this year, 10 months, and 15,000km's.

I've had very little trouble with it, just a blown head gasket. I decided to do both at the same time. Otherwise, just some oil changes and such. Of course I've lifted it and fitted 35's under it.

Sadly I can't post pictures, because I've got too little posts, but I'm sure you'll see it later on the forums
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: