QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

please read 75/90????????

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Oils, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suvvey

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 19:07    Post subject: Still going Reply with quote

Seems this thread just will not go away Laughing

Surprised Mitsi said it was ok to use GL-5 Shocked But then have heard tails of different dealers giving conflicting info on this Shocked Shocked

Like I said earlier the two are completely different in viscosity so don't believe a diff designed to use one can be run safely on the other.

Like heli-john said even if you don't take her off road there are still times that it will kick in. I've felt mine when pulling out of a tight junction at speed, one wheel starts to spin a bit then the lsd sorts it out. Haven't even had mine during a winter yet but sure it will get plenty of use then.

Personaly I wouldn't run mine without the proper stuff even if this main dealer said it was ok. Bet if you damage it they will change their tune pretty darn quick Evil or Very Mad After all if GL-5 was ok, how could they get away with charging £10+ a litre for their own lsd oil?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 19:07    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

helijohn
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 0:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking of cost I paid £16 for 5 litres - twice the price of 80/90!!!!!!!!
BJ28T

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy OK Chaps, I have read and debated, pondered and thought and finally given in and phoned Castrol Direct to order CASTROL HYPOY LS at a cost of £26.50 inc p+p, it will be hear in a day or two and then it will replace the 80/90 GL-5. Brian BJ28T
princemeister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 15:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy good on ya,you knows its right
helijohn
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 23:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right - and the filler sticker says in caps LSD OIL ONLY. Valtra £16 for 5 litres.
princemeister

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just changed the oil in my rear diff for Hypoy LS.What a difference,the old oil did not look like lSD oil and i used to get a knock when the box changed gear,since the new oil no knock. Very Happy
helijohn
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to hear of the improvement. All the oils coming out of my motor were like thick mucky coke and nothing like what was going in!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Oils, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: