2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

FRENCH REGISTRATION- in a bag of nutshells

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nickyblue

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:54    Post subject: Import US Reply with quote

Daisy wrote:
So you imported the car from the USA and now it's going back there ?
Personally rather than try registering here, if the car is possibly going to have to have changes made to make it EU spec, then change it all back, it would seem more sensible to me to investigate getting it trailered to Le Havre. Otherwise it would mean applying for a certificate of conformity as first port of call at Mitsubishi France, just like is outlined in the first post of this long topic. Do you have to have French paperwork to import the car back to the US, assuming that is what you want to do ?

Can't see how it could be financially in your best interests, unless someone paid the original import and is paying to send it back.. Confused

Daisy! Thanks So much for your help!

Yes, you are totally right about towing the vehicle to Le Havre. That was one option. I was hoping i could drive it until the move.
I just checked some of the changes to make it EU. I already have changes the headlights, Windows have the E. Seat belts don't ( do you happen to know where i should ask for the seat belts? Mitsubishi? ) and probably the tires.

I'm going to look into that.
Everything got confusing when i read that people got their CoC from the UK. i thought that could have been an option as long as it's european.

I don't think i need French papers to bring it back to the US. I believe i just need to re-register it to the DMV etc... and have everything done there + insurance.
But with everything that is going NOW! i am going to double check!
Technically i am bringing the car back to where it's from. Certificate of title etc.. everything is US.

But thanks for your support!
you have NO idea!! Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 16:34    Post subject: Re: Import US Reply with quote

Nickyblue wrote:
Daisy wrote:
So you imported the car from the USA and now it's going back there ?
Personally rather than try registering here, if the car is possibly going to have to have changes made to make it EU spec, then change it all back, it would seem more sensible to me to investigate getting it trailered to Le Havre. Otherwise it would mean applying for a certificate of conformity as first port of call at Mitsubishi France, just like is outlined in the first post of this long topic. Do you have to have French paperwork to import the car back to the US, assuming that is what you want to do ?

Can't see how it could be financially in your best interests, unless someone paid the original import and is paying to send it back.. Confused

Daisy! Thanks So much for your help!

Yes, you are totally right about towing the vehicle to Le Havre. That was one option. I was hoping i could drive it until the move.
I just checked some of the changes to make it EU. I already have changes the headlights, Windows have the E. Seat belts don't ( do you happen to know where i should ask for the seat belts? Mitsubishi? ) and probably the tires.

I'm going to look into that.
Everything got confusing when i read that people got their CoC from the UK. i thought that could have been an option as long as it's european.

I don't think i need French papers to bring it back to the US. I believe i just need to re-register it to the DMV etc... and have everything done there + insurance.
But with everything that is going NOW! i am going to double check!
Technically i am bringing the car back to where it's from. Certificate of title etc.. everything is US.

But thanks for your support!
you have NO idea!! Wink

None of our Pajero seat belts have had EU markings either, but I did find the EU equivalent to the FMVSS number and printed it out. It'll be in the VAST pile of documents about re-registering somewhere  Wink . Anyway I never had to show that, just told them point blank that I knew the FMVSS (209 ? from memory) was an EU approved standard and others had registered cars no probs without changing the belts. If you really need it I can see if I can find it. The tyres, well, I know that Yokohamas from Japan have no E markings, so yes you will probably have to change them for a nice set of pneus ... that will cost you  Sad You'll also have the 90 odd euros for a DRIRE inspection, around 140 euros up to about 450 - 500 ish depending how old the car is ? to get the carte grise, it may also take a few months to get it through - it ain't something that happens overnight  Rolling Eyes . Is it worth it ?  - depends how long you have before you go back ...  Laughing and how much you really want to experience that wonderful French bureaucracy just once more for old times sake..  Very Happy
Nickyblue

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 18:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

L.O.L !!!!

Thanks again for your precious advice! Smile
You are SO right about this all.

And i love my big tires!

Best option so far seems to be these transporteurs that would pick up my car and bring it straight home to CA just the way it is;)
No changes or judgements whatsoever;)

For , to my surprise not so much after all. Fiuuuu!

Thanks again Daisy, and all of you in this forum. It has been so comforting to read everybody's experiences and replies.
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 18:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, when you get back to USA you can stick around, so stay a member. You're bound to have some questions need answering. There's also a facebook page, which is much busier than this forum these days... progress, or not..  Wink
geodrome

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 18:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daisy wrote:
Hey, when you get back to USA you can stick around, so stay a member. You're bound to have some questions need answering. There's also a facebook page, which is much busier than this forum these days... progress, or not..  Wink

Not! Some daft things on it being polite! I very rarely respond to things on it.
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

geodrome wrote:
Daisy wrote:

Not! Some daft things on it being polite! I very rarely respond to things on it.

Hey, are you stalking me ?  Laughing This is my personal section of forum expertise I'll have you know ...  Wink

Facebook, well, I have got in touch with a few people I haven't seen for simply ages because of it, but I did prefer it here when everybody else was here...  Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: