2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

3.2 Reversing Light Mayhem!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Towing & technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaunf

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 14:05    Post subject: 3.2 Reversing Light Mayhem! Reply with quote

For years I've towed our 2005 Avondale with our 1998 2.8 LWB Shogun with no problems.  Last year I started to tow with a 2005 3.2 LWB Shogun which is fine, until I select reverse.  It seems that as soom as the caravan reversing lights are switched on, the car reverse light fuse blows, which puts the truck into 'limp home' mode!  

I've noticed that the 1998 2.8 was fitted with a 15A fuse on the reversing lights (as shown in the manual) but the 2005 3.2 has a 10A fuse (again shown in the manual).  This may be part of the problem, but does anyone know why this is?  Also, as I'm obviously not the first to tow with the 3.2, has anyone else had a similar issue?  Not that its probably relevant, but the caravan is fitted with two sockets, 12N and 12S, as is the 1998 2.8.  The 2005 3.2 is fitted with with a new 13 pin socket meaning I have to use an adaptor.

For now, I've isolated the reversing light wire in the 12S/N to 13 pin adaptor to enable us to use reverse without blowing the fuse!

Thanks

Shaun
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 14:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

geodrome

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 0:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you ever sort this?
I've got issues with my towbar electrics blowing a fuse.
Sam Widges

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but this may help new people doing searches.

Do not rely on connecting into earth wires at the rear of the car. When installing towbar electrics, get a good earth connection at the rear of the car and bolt the wires down to it. If you don't do this, you will get unpredictable behaviour and blown fuses.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Towing & technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: