Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

What a fool I am....CB TESTING in the right section....

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Radio Communications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gegs750k4

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

mines on a switched live off the stereo feed, they don't get used at the same time so no problems ( the stereo wouldnt be fitted if it was up to me Rolling Eyes )

we will sort a time for me to nip up, wire it direct to my battery for now and just plug the aerial in Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:22    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

CDJ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Venn that's right it does.

Cheers Geggs, that's great mate 👍

One thing I'm gutted about! The stereo slot is 54mm depth my unit is 60mm Rolling Eyes  I think the jigsaw will be shaving 6mm off my fascia if this CB DOES actually work  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
CDJ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the cb all lights up as if it works because on its listing the pictures showed all the lights on, however, receiving and transmitting may be different storey  Rolling Eyes

Seeing Geggs comment of shouting at me through back door makes me wonder  Laughing
CDJ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well a little update...

I casually fitted my CB to test if it worked...all seems ok, I had what sounded like Russians on ch1 and some lady who sounded French on ch3 giving what sounded like instructions out...she sounded bloody professional haha

I took an inch of the antenna to get my SWR readings too,

Ch1    1.3
Ch40  1.7

👆But that was with out my quick disconnect(3.5"), with it the figures were

Ch1     1.5
Ch40   2

I think I may need to lob off about 5-6" on my springer to get the SWR readings equal as 3.5" lobbed off gets me a better reading...

On the stingers does that little end cap pull off? I've cut from the bottom but if I do decide to go the 5-6" off it, as the stinger is tapered I don't want it to be too thin at the coil end  Rolling Eyes

Until I get my 4 spot/floods on the roof bar I won't as they may affect readings when installed??
Domjames

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 20:43    Post subject: Help please!! Reply with quote

Evening chaps!!

just wondering if i could kind of hijack this! I've got a cb fitted and an ariel that has a mount off the spare wheel, i have and SWR meter and it's giving me a reading of about 2.5, i am a real newbie to this just wondering if you guys could give me any advise please?

Cheers

Dom Very Happy
CDJ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 19:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be honest everyone...what do you think about my cb set up??

I tried to put it in the stereo slot but the cb is actually 2" too deep and 10mm to tall, it stuck out proud that much I wouldn't of been able to select 4llc  Rolling Eyes

I need to paint my brackets black and screw in my MIC holder...overall, you reckon it's *beep* or what? It's kind of growing on me but I just don't know  Laughing  Laughing

CDJ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 19:09    Post subject: Re: Help please!! Reply with quote

Domjames wrote:
Evening chaps!!

just wondering if i could kind of hijack this! I've got a cb fitted and an ariel that has a mount off the spare wheel, i have and SWR meter and it's giving me a reading of about 2.5, i am a real newbie to this just wondering if you guys could give me any advise please?

Cheers

Dom Very Happy

Which channel is giving you the reading of 2.5?

I first checked ch20, I did my SWR and apparently if the meter doesn't register a big drop you need to go and check you ground plane.  Once sorted your ground plane then do your channel 1 an ch40 SWR checks which ever one is highest you either chop or extend your antenna...I used this as my reference guide 4x4cb
gegs750k4

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

CDJ wrote:

I tried to put it in the stereo slot but the cb is actually 2" too deep and 10mm to tall, it stuck out proud that much I wouldn't of been able to select 4llc  Rolling Eyes

I need to paint my brackets black and screw in my MIC holder...overall, you reckon it's *beep* or what? It's kind of growing on me but I just don't know  Laughing  Laughing

black the brackets up and your spot on matey, looks the dogs Wink
CDJ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

They defo need a bit of black on them brackets don't they  Laughing

Gutted when I tried putting it in the din slot...there was no way it was going to fit Rolling Eyes at least this way it haven't had to gut anything, I've fitted my mic bracket just to the left of the digi clock Smile
AJ RS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 22:30    Post subject: Re: Help please!! Reply with quote

Domjames wrote:
Evening chaps!!

Cheers

Dom Very Happy

Check you're earthing out ok from the mount to the wheel carrier.  2.5 is workable for short periods.
AJ RS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

CDJ wrote:
Well a little update...

I casually fitted my CB to test if it worked...all seems ok, I had what sounded like Russians on ch1 and some lady who sounded French on ch3 giving what sounded like instructions out...she sounded bloody professional haha

I took an inch of the antenna to get my SWR readings too,

Ch1    1.3
Ch40  1.7

👆But that was with out my quick disconnect(3.5"), with it the figures were

Ch1     1.5
Ch40   2

I think I may need to lob off about 5-6" on my springer to get the SWR readings equal as 3.5" lobbed off gets me a better reading...

On the stingers does that little end cap pull off? I've cut from the bottom but if I do decide to go the 5-6" off it, as the stinger is tapered I don't want it to be too thin at the coil end  Rolling Eyes

Until I get my 4 spot/floods on the roof bar I won't as they may affect readings when installed??

1.5 and 2 are perfectly respectable.  No need to go chopping vast amounts of ariel off.  The roof bar and lights shouldn't have any bearing on it.
mike_r

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

CDJ wrote:

Could you not use a smaller CB unit, the two that I have are much smaller than the one in your picture. Is it a fancy high end unit?
CDJ

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe in the 80s it was but not anymore compared to high end units out today.

To be honest, I like the vintage look of it plus it lights up the same colours as the rest of my dash lights(yellowy orange lol).  I don't fancy putting a modern day unit with neon backlighting, I'm trying to keep it all looking old inside Embarassed WIERD maybe  Laughing each to their own I suppose...I like some of the new ones they look smart but I don't fancy the inside of my truck looking like a polished  T U R D  Laughing

Just painted them brackets too, made a huge difference...it's all wired up now too, just need to finally do some hiding of the coax from my roof in to my truck  Rolling Eyes  I'll get there in the end  Laughing
CDJ

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 17:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is growing on me

mike_r

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 16:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesnt look out of place and if it works it works, i'm just a bit paranoid about having things on show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Radio Communications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: