Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

EGR fine, but.......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> EGR Valve Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mayfly361

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:18    Post subject: EGR fine, but....... Reply with quote

EGR VALVE AGAIN, but this is working, closed and opens on idle, but this is the issue, it is being fully opened by the vacuum on idle, this should only start to open when accelerating and close etc on deceleration, allowing control off air to the turbo. So what is creating the vacuum to open completly under idling conditions. It runs like a pig when all is connected, when vac removed runs ok. The EGR IS NOT THE PROBLEM I DONT THINK AS SAID IT OPENS AND CLOSES. Is there another control unit somewhere asking for vacuum, which is not working correctly, obviously something to do with the the fuel pump direction, Help much appreciatred. I dont need to blank off the EGR as it isnt the issue.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:18    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

HandyDan
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

EGR is controlled by the ECU in the passsenger footwell left hand side , behind panel . This ECU also does the cold start .
emax
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello mf  Very Happy

Sounds like the egr control valves are malfunctioning, I went through all this with mine, here.....

http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=73193&highlight=egr

You have two choices if the above is correct, buy new control valves, or block dump the egr.

I went through buying the new control valves which lasted about a year. In the end I dumped the egr valve altogether which was the best thing I ever did as an improvement to the running of the car.

see you with better emissions Very Happy
emax
mayfly361

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES emax i do believe you are right, i take it these are the valves we  are on about. Bulk head valves.  
And inner wing irvers side valves.
if this is the case, then parts could be an issue unless through mItsu dealer, but which ones do i order both sets, hmmmmmmm, or block off the valve. When i disconnect the top of the 2  plugs at the bulkhead valves the egr vac releases, and reactivates when connected again, so is this the 1 thats faulty or .................
emax
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello mf Very Happy

yes the valves behind the intercooler, the valves on the inner wing are for the 4wd. The egr control valves come as a complete set from main dealer including the pipework. When I bought them they were £80.00.

I was of the mind that if it was fitted (egr) then it should stay fitted, however after going through buying and fitting a new set and then them not lasting that long, I blanked it and I wish I had done that in the first place.

Save yourself the trouble and expense and buy an egr blanking kit from Feebay.

see you with more under bonnet space Laughing
emax
mayfly361

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think you right, blank is the way to go, not gonna waste money, cheers for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> EGR Valve Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: