eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Reversing camera 'retrofit'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BenKenobi

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:55    Post subject: Reversing camera 'retrofit' Reply with quote

Before I take the dash apart does anyone have any experience with reversing cameras (pre 2007) - I want to install one.

What kind of camera connection is on the Mitsubishi system (the one with large screen as fitted to the Elegance) is it a standard RCA connector - if so does anyone have any idea where it connects before I start ripping things out.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:55    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

GCMS2012

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of doing this too...

Using the 'feed' from the '*beep*' nav port as the disc to run it is damaged and also no doubt the maps will be way out of date now...
BenKenobi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

The navigation system is garbage, mine works but I never use it, have a little 5" Garmin that does the job nicely and has lifetime updates for the whole of Europe.

I'll let you know once I get mine in 'how' I did it ... reluctant to rip the car apart just to find out where stuff goes and what connectors I need.
hgv dave

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 22:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all
I bought a combined satnav,cd,media player from fleabay for £150 and fitted it into my 03 shogun.i had the old style radio with the cassette player and cd changer in the back,i got a lead from Halfords to connect the mitzi wiring to the iso plug for the new radio and was able to connect a camera which I put next to the rear number plate light and connected the power for the camera to the reversing light so when I select reverse the screen on the radio pops out and activates the camera.the satnav is not too bad,its ok for occasional use and its amazing how you get use to having a camera on the rear

hgv dave
BenKenobi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 22:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy to use my existing screen until I get fed up, by a nice Kenwood / Clarion single DIN, buy the LCD display from an Animal and move everything around. The standard item says no camera found when I select reverse so it must be possible to add one - but how ... suppose I shouldn't be so lazy but I have so much other stuff on right now that I could do without dismantling unless I'm doing the job.

I've been bitten buying navigation stuff from anything other than a top of the line supplier like Alpine, Kenwood, Clarion or Pioneer - spent near enough £1k on a dedicated Zetec unit for the Passat and it is OK for navigation but as a unit it is garbage - worst damn software I've ever experienced - never again.
Doug Hope

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 15:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's mine. I removed the display I had and fitted a 5/7" screen. I cant remember the size just now. Mines is duct taped in but holds and treat. Camera replaced one of my number plate lights.
BenKenobi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have really thought about the Ipad idea - all I wanted to do was add a camera - I knew the system in the Mitsubishi was a bit 'specific' but I had no idea what a POS it really is when it comes to 'extras' such as iPod / Phone and other connectivity - I suppose the stupid infra red receiver on the fascia should have given me a clue how badly thought out the Mitsubishi system in these cars really is, should have been better in 2004.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: