QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

skidding in the wet

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrmikes

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 23:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

The previous owners  used it for pulling her horse box around so maybe its had a hard life, I will see on Monday if I can find someone who knows what they are doing to take a look. Think its about £80 for a full alignment as long as it don't use shims to set it down the local garage which gives a fancy printout but who good they are I don't know. All this talk of floating axels reminds me of me old Cortina lol that did a floating axel Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 23:47    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

geodrome

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing to check is the shock absorbers, if they have failed then that can make the car step out at the rear too.
mrmikes

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

It failed the mot on a  snapped spring and a weak shock so that's the first thing I done when I get it is put new rear springs and shocks on it.
hgv dave

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all
my 03 shogun was a pig to drive until I got the alinement sorted and like yours in the wet it use to loose traction in the wet
when you have the alinement looked at they may not be able to do it because of rusted bolts,have a search on the forum there are plenty of posts about this problem I had the bushes replaced at the same time and got it sorted,it drives brilliant now

hgv dave
mrmikes

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah cheers Dave that sounds like what it is then as the fist time I noticed it the wife was driving in the wet and it slipped out on a roundabout and it surprised the hell out of us, as she wasn't going that fast and she has driven a few mk2 shoguns in the past and never seen one skid out like that. I will have a search about the bolts as you can bet mine will be rusted solid as that's my sort of luck Smile
Hilux

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrmikes wrote:
you can bet mine will be rusted solid as that's my sort of luck Smile

Nope, these cars are the worst I have ever encountered in 25 years of running 4x4`s for rust and poor plating of bolts so its not that the nuts are hard to remove, the bolts are welded to their sleeves with rust as well!

My wife`s 1999 Golf TDI runaround (120K) is in perfect condition - I have changed suspension dampers springs brakes bearings cambelts etc and there are rusty nuts but all bolts come undone once the nuts are off!

My 1983 Golf Mk1 track car came apart easily - not one sheared nut/bolt (honestly)

Had three Hilux's and one Landcruiser and can honestly say not one bolt sheared and they were abused on sites for years.

I bought the SWB with a view to improving it (as its a hobby of mine) as the Landcruiser was too big (and thirsty) instead, every time I go to do so (or simple maintenance) every single screw, nut and bolt has been an issue so I drive it for now and will be selling it when the winter approaches and going back to a Toyota.
Ex-Pat

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mines very twitchy on the back end in the wet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: