Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Paj remote locking stopped working/central lock ok with key

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Top tips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
odysiuss

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 15:22    Post subject: Paj remote locking stopped working/central lock ok with key Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad  My 1991 Pajero Exceed 2.5 diesel auto which I love had to have some work done to pass its MOT.1st time I've had a problem in the 6 years Ive owned it.
Seat belt fixings welded,rubber boots on track rod ends and steering replaced.Break pipes replaced.Garage had to do this work !
When I got it back the key fob remote wasnt working.I bought 2 new batteries for it,did the recommended.. press both buttons together then the lock button 3 times to reset it.Still didnt work.Checked fuse no 12 under drivers side dash...ok. Dont know what to check or look for next.
Theres a black box cover screwed  under the passenger side dash with wiring going behind the steering wheel .Is this a fitted remote receiver.I cant make out what it is .Its about 6"x4".I thought the remote was standard on this Paj model and the receiver was  in the middle of the dash under the windscreen.

Can anyone please help me or at least give me some good adviceon what to do next.

Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 15:22    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

rich r

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 15:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remote central locking wasn't fitted to Mark 2 Pajeros as standard on any model. It was an optional extra, but very rarely taken. So virtually all Pajeros that have it are due to an aftermarket kit or alarm. Hence the non-standard looking control unit you found. When you say the fob doesn't work - does it do nothing, or does it flash lights but fail to unlock the doors? If it still flashes the indicators etc, but doesn't unlock the doors, take off the drivers door card and you'll probably find a solenoid bolted to the frame. Disconnect this and measure the voltage at the wires. If there's nothing there then it's probably the unit that's failed. These kits usually have inline fuses though, so check to see if there's a fuse in the wiring.

The box in the middle of the dashboard is the geomagnetic sensor for the compass. Smile
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the remote look like this

If so then I think you didn't reset the fob properly.

Try this:

1. STAND CLOSE TO THE CAR

2. PRESS AND HOLD DOWN BOTH BUTTONS UNTIL THE LED ON THE REMOTE FOB GOES OUT (APPROXIMATELY 10 SECONDS)

3. RELEASE BOTH BUTTONS THE LED WILL COME ON CONSTANTLY

4. THEN PRESS BUTTON A  9the big one) FOR 1 SECOND THE LED SHOULD FLASH THIS SHOULD COMPLETE THE RE-SYNCHONISATION
odysiuss

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 22:02    Post subject: Re: Paj remote locking stopped working/central lock ok with Reply with quote

odysiuss wrote:
Crying or Very sad  My 1991 Pajero Exceed 2.5 diesel auto which I love had to have some work done to pass its MOT.1st time I've had a problem in the 6 years Ive owned it.
Seat belt fixings welded,rubber boots on track rod ends and steering replaced.Break pipes replaced.Garage had to do this work !
When I got it back the key fob remote wasnt working.I bought 2 new batteries for it,did the recommended.. press both buttons together then the lock button 3 times to reset it.Still didnt work.Checked fuse no 12 under drivers side dash...ok. Dont know what to check or look for next.
Theres a black box cover screwed  under the passenger side dash with wiring going behind the steering wheel .Is this a fitted remote receiver.I cant make out what it is .Its about 6"x4".I thought the remote was standard on this Paj model and the receiver was  in the middle of the dash under the windscreen.

Can anyone please help me or at least give me some good adviceon what to do next.

Thanks
I'll check for an inline fuse or failing check the solenoid.
The key fob is oblong 2"x1" light grey back with mitsubishi motors moulded on it.the front is light and dark grey small silver unlock button .lrge grey lock button  with 'Remote Key' written on it .So it seems to be original to the car.
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

My truck came with something similar - only one of them though so no spare.

It eventually stopped working and I couldn't find anyone who sold a new one - the Mitsy dealer just said "unobtainable"

I just fitted a new alarm system with a central locking interface.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Top tips All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: