Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Milner Offroad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> EVO technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alan83

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 15:28    Post subject: Milner Offroad Reply with quote

Has anyone bought bushes from them for the V55W Evo? They've been excellent for my Patrol GR, but their listings for the Pajero Evo have been all wrong so far. They have the front ARB as 27mm when it is 30mm (they sent me the correct 30mm ones FOC but suggested my car had been modified?) and I have just attempted to fit upper front wishbone bushes however the bolt is never going to fit through the bush they supplied. Im in no way having a go at Milner, I just wondered if anyone has ordered from them and had success with poly bushes for the evo, and if so could they tell me the Milner part number
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 15:28    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

alan83

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 15:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually thinking about it, when they states re-use original shells, they must mean the internal shells, I assumed there was some outer one. Probably my mistake
nik1973

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always found them to be good genrally, but like all these places you need a knowlegable member of staff they must deal with v55w so rarely some wont know about it and just go off whatever it says on the screen. Ask for Carl he knows his onions.

as far as front upper bushes go, as far as i remember mitsubishi never sold the bushes seperately you had to buy a complete wishbone, I have just replaced them and at £200 for the complete wishbone including bushes and ball joint its easy just to put a new genuine one on than mess about swapping bushes.

rear uppers are now unavailable from mitsubishi but they do sell a bush MR491505 but just one not both!!
alan83

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have finally got round to changing the bushes, and the milner supplied ones are absolutely nothing like the ones Im replacing. I found a part number on the upper bushes and managed to order 4 from the US.
£200 per wishbone with bushes and ball joint isnt bad at all.
The part number on the bushes is MB633830 and the 4 shipped from USA before customs is £57.
The ball joints from euro4x4parts were £50 each delivered.
EVO_PAJ

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 13:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great info to know thanks for getting back to us !
alan83

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im going to be changing the lower ball joints as well, so i will try and record as many part numbers as I can find when I remove and replace these parts
alan83

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bushes MB633830 are nothing like the ones in the arm. I think im going to just fork out for a new wishbone instead of arsing about with the poly bushes as I see there are steel sleeves etc
EVO_PAJ

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what id be doing as well mate.

May be a little pricier but well worth it in the long run.
alan83

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really begrudge binning that wishbone just to replace the bushes however it looks like the only way. Failing that maybe a new sleeve with a slightly tighter fit into the bush would be all thats needed as the bushes dont look worn
Gus Murchison

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, just wondering how you got on with the bushing change out? I just been told all my bushings are split or splitting and cannot believe the whole wishbone needs replaced. Hence the reason i have just joined this club.
T04GTR

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

bush reco
Smile
alan83

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 14:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think T04GTRs way is probably the only way. I have packed mine with Energy suspension grease which took alot of slack out of them, but on refitting, i can still make them knock every so slightly. Whether this will improve anything I dont know. Probably going to end up having the buy new wishbones anyway!
Gus, if youre bushes are split then you probably have no option but to get the new wishbone unfortunately
riceboy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 14:23    Post subject: bushes replacement Reply with quote

I had new ones cast in situ. they are poly and have lasted about 4 years of everyday driving and general abuse with no problems
much cheaper than getting new components from Mitsubishi, i did it as an experiment and it has worked extremely well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> EVO technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: