eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Good Mechanics in Colombia or Venezuela?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Garages / Mechanics / Servicing Agents
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kingkurt

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 13:22    Post subject: Good Mechanics in Colombia or Venezuela? Reply with quote

Hi guys

I will be driving through Colombia and Venezuela in October and will need another service on my Pajero 2.8 diesel before I take on the jungles of the Gianas.

Anyone know anyone in either of these two countries that can do a good service and inspection

cheers

Kurtis
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 13:22    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

V12 rick

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 13:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't worry to much about a service whilst out there so long as done correctly before going Wink
How many miles are you planning on doing as you should be ok for 10000mls.
Do all oils including diff's and transmission fluid -  brake fluid and pads etc.
Main thing is coolant and best to give a full flush and go 50/50 with antifrezze .

The main thing is parts to take like belts/alternator /wiper blades/fuses/oil/two spare tyres/compressor and the list goes on & on Wink

Why take your truck as will cost a fortune in shipping /tax etc ?
Could you just not hire one ??
kingkurt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 14:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

V12 rick wrote:
Wouldn't worry to much about a service whilst out there so long as done correctly before going Wink
How many miles are you planning on doing as you should be ok for 10000mls.
Do all oils including diff's and transmission fluid -  brake fluid and pads etc.
Main thing is coolant and best to give a full flush and go 50/50 with antifrezze .

The main thing is parts to take like belts/alternator /wiper blades/fuses/oil/two spare tyres/compressor and the list goes on & on Wink

Why take your truck as will cost a fortune in shipping /tax etc ?
Could you just not hire one ??

Hi Rick

I bought the truck in Argentina (its originally from Poland) and plan to drive it through all 13 mainland countries, about 13k mls. Im getting a full service on it when I arrive so it should be ok for 10k, I just want another service after the 10k mark hence why the request for a good Mech

Its also has a ton of spares, everything you said apart from the Alternator

cheers

Kurtis
mark dale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kurtis has been on the facebook group a couple of times, and I've had a bit of a chat with him.

hopefully, he'll be keeping us up to date with his adventures.

As he's new on here, he can't post links, so, here's a few ..

The truck and details are here - from where he bought it :

http://www.drivetheamericas.com/forums/mitshubishi-4x4-camper-sell-argentina-or-chile-may-june-july

It's already done quite a bit of overland, with the previous owners - some pics here

http://www.unmillondeelefantes.com/red-social-viajes/fotos-de-los-viajeros/62-administrator/album.html?albumid=38

and their youtube channel is here

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ-5HNenHNT13aTf7KD0ROg

I spent 6 months travelling overland in South America back in 1993/4 -it's an amazing place - Kurtis will have a great time. I'm donating a couple of bottles of the fuel additive I distribute - [url=http://www.lessfuel.co.uk ]http://www.lessfuel.co.uk[/url] to help with fuel costs and stability etc. - And to get some cracking promotional pics !

I think, with the support of the folks on here, and the facebook group, if he runs into any trouble with the Paj, we should be able to diagnose it, and advise. -

Actually, just thinking ....  if you want to sell it, we've got a member in Guyana who was wanting one. - REVOGEL !! - I've just messaged him about this thread !

keep us updated Kurtis

Mark " used a landcruiser in S.America  Embarassed " Dale
REVOGEL
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mark. I am rather busy today, But will look at the links when I have time. and investigate further.
REVOGEL
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark thanks for the info. Had a look at the pics/description. If it weren't so far away would take a look at it but it is a bit too camperised for me. But at that price must be a good buy. At my time of life I don't think I will be attempting any safaris  Laughing  Though there is an annual Guyana overland which if I was younger and in better health   would love to do.  Shocked
dudleybeek

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 0:41    Post subject: Re: Good Mechanics in Colombia or Venezuela? Reply with quote

kingkurt wrote:
Hi guys

I will be driving through Colombia and Venezuela in October and will need another service on my Pajero 2.8 diesel before I take on the jungles of the Gianas.

Anyone know anyone in either of these two countries that can do a good service and inspection

cheers

Kurtis

What country would you sell it in? I would be interested in purchase . The problem in some countries is that whoever temporarily imports the car, has to be the same person who 'exports' the car.
I am seriously interested
kingkurt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 13:04    Post subject: Re: Good Mechanics in Colombia or Venezuela? Reply with quote

dudleybeek wrote:
kingkurt wrote:
Hi guys

cheers

Kurtis

What country would you sell it in? I would be interested in purchase . The problem in some countries is that whoever temporarily imports the car, has to be the same person who 'exports' the car.

Its a Polish registered truck and I will be the 5th foreign owner when my paperwork comes back from the notary next Tuesday, its no problem selling it anywhere in South America as long as I can get access to a legal notary. I will be finishing this trip in around three months and can travel to any country to sell it.

Send me an email and I will send you the full spec on the truck

cheers

Kurtis

kurtisbeacroft@googlemail.com
dudleybeek

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 22:14    Post subject: Re: Good Mechanics in Colombia or Venezuela? Reply with quote

Try the guys in the Venezuelan Momtero club for recommendations.    Monteroyv.org
They must have some good mechanics available
Dudley

quote="kingkurt"]
dudleybeek wrote:
kingkurt wrote:
Hi guys

cheers

Kurtis

Its a Polish registered truck and I will be the 5th foreign owner when my paperwork comes back from the notary next Tuesday, its no problem selling it anywhere in South America as long as I can get access to a legal notary. I will be finishing this trip in around three months and can travel to any country to sell it.

Send me an email and I will send you the full spec on the truck

cheers

Kurtis

kurtisbeacroft@googlemail.com[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Garages / Mechanics / Servicing Agents All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: