Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

High pressure port valve

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Air Con / Heater issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emax
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 18:29    Post subject: High pressure port valve Reply with quote

Hello Very Happy

Has anyone got a HP port valve, or can tell me where I can get a new one. Apparently it is leaking. The garage says they can't locate one as it is an import?  The garage said that the inside valve can be replaced but it would be better to replace the whole thing

it looks like this, and the nut at the base  measures 17mm ish across the flats

I found these on Feebay but will one fit?????

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310960395502?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

thanks
emax
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 18:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

alan9362

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it the valve itself thats leaking ?? if so the valves should be the same as a shogun..
the parts on eblag are just the valve cores (similar to the ones fitted to your tyre valves)
emax
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Thanks for the  reply. The garage said it would be best to fit the whole thing , but if I can't find one I will try the new valve route.
Do you know if the fee bay ones Shown will fit?? The garage also said that my one is an old style one and that the new ones are different, is it possible to replace the whole thing with an adaptor and a new style one??  I find it difficult to imagine why they could not locate a new one.

see me hot under the collar Laughing
emax
vmaxsnoopy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be a Primalec M15 X 1 high side adaptor if I remember correctly. Available from A P air ltd in Gloucester sales@apairltd.com £7.26.
emax
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 23:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant,, Very Happy  

Thank you for that vms. I will give them a go in the morning or Monday.

see me shivering me timbers
emax
emax
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Very Happy  
I ordered the 15m part from AP air  but it did not fit. The one fitted to mine is 11m??  Trust my one to be different to everyone else's Laughing

I sent the old bit to A P air and they still could not find a valve or the whole thing. Currently awaiting the return of the original bit.

The system on mine  seems to be by Denso, so.. I have found a Denso valve online . will it fit?? or are there different size valves for Denso.

Or anyone got any other ideas?

see me valveless
emax
emax
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case anybody is interested  Laughing

I got the old part back from A P Air. I got the new Denso valve and it seems to be the correct one. All fitted and waiting to be re-gassed hopefully.

The valve carrier is just a fitting with an O ring for a seal so I just replaced the O ring. Having taken it out I can't see why the air con place wanted the whole thing replaced hmmm

................................to be continued  !!!

see you after the re-gas Rolling Eyes
kenthepipe
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck hope all goes well, thank,s for the info and update ( very rare these days ?)   Wink
emax
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

For anyone left who is, or may in the future be interested  Laughing  Laughing

It was re-gassed and it seems to be ok, so the denso valve was the correct one.

When I collected it before, they told me that they had tried everywhere to find a new valve, even mitsubishi and they could not find one.

So I went to collect it after i got a valve etc. a different bloke tells me they had to fit a new valve to the low pressure port Confused  Oh says I so if you fitted a low pressure one, how come you could not do the high pressure one??? he tells me the boss hid the box of valves so they could not find one???? I am well miffed with them after that.

Needless to say I have added them to the ever growing list of people who really ..iss me off and will not use them again.

I don't know why when they open a brand  new box of idiots , I get the first one out of the box.

see me hot under the collar, but getting cooler. Laughing  Laughing
emax

Laughing
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

emax wrote:
Hello

I don't know why when they open a brand  new box of idiots , I get the first one out of the box.

They take the best ones out of the box and put them in the Mitsubishi dealer in Derby!  Very Happy
kenthepipe
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

emax wrote:
Hello

For anyone left who is, or may in the future be interested  Laughing  Laughing

It was re-gassed and it seems to be ok, so the denso valve was the correct one.

When I collected it before, they told me that they had tried everywhere to find a new valve, even mitsubishi and they could not find one.

So I went to collect it after i got a valve etc. a different bloke tells me they had to fit a new valve to the low pressure port Confused  Oh says I so if you fitted a low pressure one, how come you could not do the high pressure one??? he tells me the boss hid the box of valves so they could not find one???? I am well miffed with them after that.

Needless to say I have added them to the ever growing list of people who really ..iss me off and will not use them again.

see me hot under the collar, but getting cooler. Laughing  Laughing
emax

Laughing
...., so there,s you running around like a headless chicken to source one, when all the time the idiots had one, FFS !  Rolling Eyes
emax
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly !!! bunch of chumps.   Rolling Eyes

What makes it worse is obviously I had no idea what I needed or what to ask for. I still am none the wiser as to how many types/sizes of valves there are.

see me voting with my feet Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Air Con / Heater issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: