QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

"gdi microfilters" inline filter from bulkhead be

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hutchy

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 13:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don,t know the thread size but if you can find somewhere that does hydrolic pipes like pirtek take the filter with you and see if they do the fitttings Exclamation
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 13:50    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

dangerous brain

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

hutchy wrote:
i don,t know the thread size but if you can find somewhere that does hydrolic pipes like pirtek take the filter with you and see if they do the fitttings Exclamation

I can probably mooch about in the stuff at work and see what is there but pipe threads are generally a law unto themselves and getting it even marginally wrong can cause massive bind ups Sad
Thanks for the help so far though.
cabbage

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fitting required for this is an M14 x 1.5 to M12 x 1.25 male union.  I'm struggling to find such a beast online.  

I've done a similar mod on my Shogun but placed the filter under the car at the front of the fuel tank.  I disconnected the standard plastic pipe that runs on top of the tank to the engine bay and replaced it with high pressure fuel hose and added the filter to this part before reconnecting to the stock metal fuel line before it goes into the engine bay.

I used a generic fuel filter though, not a mitsubishi spec one as in this mod.  Possibly the generic filter wasn't up to spec and caused my in tank fuel pump to fail.  

I'm a bit concerned about the placement of the filter in this mod, I'd be worried about the weight of the filter on the metal fuel line causing it to fail.  I know it is a bit of a paranoid thought but I've seen lines snap due extra stress being put on them.  Plus the location of the filter to the exhaust manifold adds to my worries.

The 2003 Shogun does have a fuel filter in the tank though. So any mods are adding a second filter.
hutchy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the best way to do it is remove the original pump in the tank and it,s t bag filter,and replace with a walbro pump and it,s sock the sock has finer holes to the mitsy one which will stop any *beep* getting through..
cabbage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

hutchy wrote:
i think the best way to do it is remove the original pump in the tank and it,s t bag filter,and replace with a walbro pump and it,s sock the sock has finer holes to the mitsy one which will stop any *beep* getting through..

Are the Walbro pumps any good?  I was quoted £440 for a Mitsubishi OEM pump but I see the Walbro units on ebay for £70.  I know there will be a high % mark up on the OEM ones but the difference in price is ridiculous!!
hutchy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

apart from making a humming noise ive never had any issue,s..some people don,t like them because of the humming noise but it,s one way of knowing it,s working Wink
dr3am3r

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resurecting an old thread.

So after all this time, what are your reviews of adding the filters and the walbro pump?

Asking cause i might go the petrol way and need to know all the pitfalls before i get rid of my lovely diesel beast. Its a blister fender GDI
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: