Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

New owner of Pajero 3.5 V6 NL LWB V45 Wheels Needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YorkshireLad

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 18:04    Post subject: New owner of Pajero 3.5 V6 NL LWB V45 Wheels Needed Reply with quote

Hi Guys, (and any girls)

Just bought a 1998 Pajero, my 1st 4x4 and want to take her off road.  It is very clean for the year, an absolute steal of a price and well spec'd.  It has std 16" wheels fitted and was wondering if 15" fit as I want some spare wheels for more serious stuff?  The discs look pretty tight as they are, so are there any alternative rims that fit that can be picked up cheaply?

Also, is it common for the front brake discs to warp?  what is the best cheap mod's to start with on a limited budget?

Anyone that is around West Yorks that fancies a bit of green laning that wants to show me the ropes or tag along greatly appreciated.
I do a lot of spannerwork myself and spray parts/panels often for work so am pretty handy in the skills set department.

Cheers in advance

James
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 18:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Andith

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi James if its a MK2 then yes 15" should fit. you want to confirm this though with rim companys.

4x4tyres.com sell rims and tyres and also packages. i assume you want steel rims ? mine cost £36.00 each size 15x10 with -32 offset. and they will stick out past the arch. i went with 33/12.5/15 cooper stt tyres. you might want to lift it suspension wise also.    for cheap and instant lift i suggest the nissan patrol y60 rear springs, bang for buck this is a nice cheap mod its like 80 quid for the springs. springs available from milner offroad.  wind the torsion bars up at the front and basically done.

NOTE.

you may need to trim arch out at front (i did) mines the flared arch model. Also note you might want to do a balljoint flip. the flip gives less strain on other front steering items. it can effect camber doing this so be prepared to have to shim your camber back out.

as always budget is a factor for near most people. i was lucky i got my tyres effectively free (cooper supply our material at work and i had some hours owing me from workso i got them to buy me said tyres for hours owed.

you could try JCL (i think the name is right) names charles in derby he does rim and tyre packages for various budgets. also just selling tyres to say fit on your current rims.

good luck and post some before and after pictures please.
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 15:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure on this but didn't Mitsy fit larger front calipers after 1997? - hence why they went to 16" wheels.
YorkshireLad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, mine are the larger (import) model, 1998 with 314mm front discs, I know as I just replaced them.

Wondered if frontera or patrol/trooper/hilux wheels would fit as budget is tight and they are only for when I'm doing serious off roading.
This is until I can get a trailer and SWB Paj so I can have a dedicated Tonka Truck  Very Happy
YorkshireLad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 15:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I am sticking to 16"s.
My options are sticking to the original ride height and running 285's or running 315's with a lift.
My partner struggles to get in as it is.
I might leave the height as I want a play thing that is fully kitted out for off-roading that isn't my daily drive, but they look cool!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: