eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

3.0 V6 24v Auto box oil cooler

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Minirob

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed my ATF recently. I'm afraid I did half a job  Embarassed I just let the old ATF out of the sump. Got about 4.25 litres out. Refilled with fresh SP111. I will do it again shortly (I bought 9 litres). It's not the right way to do it but if I'd owned the car from new, I'm sure I would have done it right but since I got it 14 years after it departed from the show room, I figure it won't matter too much Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 21:12    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always better pumping it out as you remove so much more than draining the sump, but after pumping it out I always advocate removing the drain plug as this lets the *beep* out which settles in the bottom of the sump.
RCMike

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the oil finally arrived today, i managed to get the fluid changed. Pumped it out first then drained the sump. Only got 5L out, perhaps i stopped the engine too early but the oil flow did start spluttering.

Then put 5L of fresh back in and continued pumping the old stuff out (i'd measured 5L on the bucket so simply carried on until another 5L came out) at this point, only clean fluid was coming out (also started spluttering) so put another 5L fresh oil in.

So that should be a full flush through with all the old stuff removed. I probably used more than i needed but at least its definitely now clean.
davembp

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one, you should find the box gets smoother now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: