eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

2.8 Veg oil

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon_W

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have personal experience of the problem, but I believe the common symptoms of the pump front seal failing are:
    * stalling shortly after starting
    * blackened fuel and fuel filter
    * fuel in the engine oil

In that order of severity.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

CRAIGS2.5

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 16:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the 2.8s I take it the mech pump is better for veg oil, what years did they change the pumps?
Jowter
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

1995 is usually mechanical but some late 95's are leccy.
I have run low %age of mixed svo in the tank without problem apart from the front seal going a few months later (who knows) but been planning a twin tank for a few years now. I twin tanked my 2.8 couple months back - see post below!
It has run much smoother on 100% fully heated svo than any time in the past ten years since I imported it. No steering wheel shakes at idle, no resonnant steering wheel shakes up through the rev range,  silky driving right up to 90. It's great getting where you want to be and the fuel gauge hasn't moved at all  Cool
Been quoted 75ppl for an IBC delivered from the mill. Also someone does an end of press-run 1000 litres available online for 65ppl plus £50 delivered (70ppl)
DavidCScotland

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had my seal done on my 1993 2.8 LWB because of the usual problems and have been wondering about moving to use a WVO mix to cut running costs. Thanks for this info guys; just what I needed. I do love this site  Very Happy
CRAIGS2.5

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 15:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if an m rej paj has mech pump?
rich r

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 16:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

M is almost certainly a non-EDC pump model. It's easy to tell anyway if you compare your pump to photos of say a 1994 2.8 Pajero.

As far as veg oil is concerned, as I've said before - perfectly fine on EDC as long as you twin tank and have a FPHE so it starts on diesel and gets up to temperature and then you can switch over to warmed up veg oil. The one thing the EDC pumps really can't tolerate is the fuel not being runny. Running 50/50 in summer you can maybe get away without the FPHE without upsetting the pump.

Donpulsar on here runs filtered WVO (with a little petrol) on his P-reg 2.8 which has an EDC pump, with no real issues. But it's set up with a small tank of diesel to run until it's warmed up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: