Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

NO INDICATORS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Electrical issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRAIGS2.5

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:31    Post subject: NO INDICATORS Reply with quote

Hi, All ive fitted the tow bar and electrics off my old 2.5 to my 2.8. I have put the wires back exactly where they was on the old one. I had everything working apart from side lights, I traced this to a not very good earth. I have cleaned this and side lights work.
I have now lost indicators on car and trailer socket. Fuse under dash is ok.
Any ideas? Ive been over the connections and all look ok.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Missing Lincs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do your hazard lights work?
CRAIGS2.5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, the hazards work. Is there a separate flasher unit for the indicators? All fuses look ok
I also have a problem the the light on the fog lamp switch comes on even when its turned off.
Missing Lincs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are separate fuses for hazard and indicators. The hazard circuit is connected to permanent 12 volts by one fuse, the indicators are switched with the ignition via another fuse. Silly question maybe but did you switch the ignition on to try the indicators?

Have you fitted an isolating or repeater relay for the indicators or just connected to the existing circuit? If you're using the existing circuit, have you changed the flasher unit under the dash?
CRAIGS2.5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 14:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, just checked relay, works fine, turned on ignition and put volt tester in the fuse holder socket for the indicators and no power there to either of the 2 female terminals.
I have disconnected the fog lamp as this was an aftermarket one that is giving me problems. This was wired into the original fog lamp wiring block connector for fog light switch. Does anything for the indicators run off this?
Missing Lincs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 14:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you missing electric to anything else inside like the interior light or radio? Just wandering if you've blown a main fuse under the bonnet.

Hard to say with rear foglight circuits what's going on, early ones where all fitted as an add on so you're in the hands of whoever did the fitting. Might be worth starting from scratch.
CRAIGS2.5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 14:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the fog lamp switch its the one to the rh of the steering wheel. Everything else seems to be working.
CRAIGS2.5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 15:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

SORTED, I FEEL STUPID. after checking everything all day, I realised it was the imobiliser not letting power to indicators. Lock and unlocked car and they worked
Missing Lincs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 15:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleased you got it sorted. That's why I asked the question about turning on the ignition, its often the simple solutions that get overlooked.

The part about the flasher relay still applies, if you still have the standard one you need to change it for an electronic type otherwise the flash rate will change when you plug extra load into the towbar electrics.
CRAIGS2.5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks I will try and get one Very Happy
Missing Lincs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking you most likely had one from your old car, you may be able to swap them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Electrical issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: