QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Fixed Towbar Help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Caravanning discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveMilner

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:14    Post subject: Fixed Towbar Help. Reply with quote

I am looking to have a fixed towbar fitted onto my Shogun 60 Plate LWB.

I was going to get a Mitsubishi fitted one, but I have been informed by my local dealer that the Mistsubishi ones are not Alko compatible.  Shocked

Does anyone have a Mitsubishi fitted fix towbar?

Is it Alko compatible?

If it isn't is it a standard plate fitment so that an Alko compatible one could be put on?

Cheers,

Steve
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:14    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

MARKS600K1
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

When you say Alko compatible do you mean a stabiliser hitch.  I have a whitter detachable one (waste of time) with a swan neck thing came with the car but if I was buying one I would go with an old fashioned flange mount towball so you can put whatever you want on there and mount a bike carrier on it if you want.  But my alko standard hitch hasn't fallen off yet  Very Happy    If you go with a flange mount you can put whatever ball on you wish, also you have the locking handle hitting the spare wheel problem but you can get modified handles to cure that.

Regards Mark
SteveMilner

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 16:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the car back from having the bar fitted.

I supplied and ALKO ball and spacer so I will find out if I've got enough clearance for the Alko lever with the spare wheel.

I'll find out soon.

Thanks,
Stephen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Caravanning discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: