Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Display screen needed for shogun pinin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GLAMNANNY

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:48    Post subject: Display screen needed for shogun pinin Reply with quote

Firstly I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong place! This is my first post ever & I'm a 62 year old female! I have a Shogun Pinin GLS GDI estate/ 1834cc/petrol/auto/ registered 2000. I'm the second owner. The multi centre display screen is dead! The problem is I'm contacting breakers who can supply a screen, but when I tell them my car has an integral sat nav, they tell me thats not possible. My mechanic says it was factory fitted , & the control panel has the radio/tape/cd options on the left & to the right there is the sat nav menu. I looked online & found articles which stated " The dashtop screen for the radio & trip computer display, which can also be used for the satellite navigation system ( check to see if your prospective purchase has it fitted)" . It looks like for an extra cost you could have the system including sat nav fitted as an optional extra prior to purchase. Any ideas PLEASE!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - and welcome to the club.

I had a Pinin with the sat nav option about 10 years ago.

If I remember correctly - the sat nav version has a cd slot for the map disc but it also did the stereo as well.

My Pinin was less than a year old when I bought it and the sat nav / screen / sound system was fitted as an option in the factory.

I think that you will have to search quite a bit to find a replacement but if it is just the screen that has stopped working then it may be worth trying a car audio repair company like THESE
GLAMNANNY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peteinchad. Thanks very much for  the reply. Actually my mechanic has called me today & says he has found a screen. Hopefully that will be it but I'll keep your suggestion in mind "just in case". Best wishes.
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully it will be sorted with the new screen - good luck.
GLAMNANNY

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 14:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi peteinchad. Just been to the garage & the "new" screen doesn't work aahhh! I'll try your link that you kindly sent me & I would be very grateful if you would contact me if you happen to come across a screen " on your travels. Thanks for all your help.
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 15:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again - it's a shame that the "new" screen didn't work.

Hopefully you can find someone who can mend it - Good luck.

I'll keep an eye out for one.
GLAMNANNY

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks peteinchad. Fingers crossed!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: