QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

URGENT ABS BRAKES NOTICE

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barry cuthbertson

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 15:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivor Green wrote:
And just to add my two penneth , do not alow the brake master cylinder to run empty , or attempt to bleed those brakes yuor selves , I have to admit my fingers were crossed when I said I thought it was the HBB unit and ECU , if wrong I would of lost a lot of respect , not just from yuo guys but from the  other Mitsubish factory trained techs who also play there part in these forums , I did phone a couple of guys to seek there advice and although the most exsperianced of them all siad he thought it still could be a wireing fault I had to go with my gut feeliong and figures from the test that it needed both units . oh the reason yuo dont want to let the master cylinder run dry is it is very nearly imposible to bleed fully and correctly with out the use of our MUT computer . ahd yes I will always try to help , If I take a day to get back to yuo sorry .
and very last point Tony thanks again for having the faith to purchase 16 cans of beer knowing I was going to be able to fix it .
what do you think could be the problem when the ABSlight comes on on starting cold but then goes of when the operating temperature is reached 2004 lwb shogun 3.2
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 15:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

barry cuthbertson

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 16:04    Post subject: cuthbertsonbarry@yahoo.co.uk Reply with quote

what could be the problem when the ABSlight comes on when starting from cold and does not go of until normal running temparature is reached]2004 shogun lwb 3.2 td did
vicki

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:35    Post subject: ABS light permanently on Reply with quote

Hi, I have a 92 Pajero Exceed LWB. The ABS warning light is constantly on, have checked the most common suggestions which all seemed ok and have now done self diagnosis which brought 3 error codes.

1. Wheel Speed Sensor Circuits
2. Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor or Circuit
3. Rear differential Lock Detection Switch Circuit.

I have spoken to a mechanic today who said he can fit the sensors if I supply them but cant look at the diff error. I would rather have someone who can do the whole job, I am struggling to find somewhere locally that can deal with an import, is my only other option to go to a dealer and pay huge bill???

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Vicki
briastefani

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm newbie here! just need your help guys recently my 2008 pajero had an accident & damage the ABS sensor on the front left side wheel together with steering rod. today i pick up the car into garage after the repair & tested it working fine so when I brought my car into my house then after sometimes i wnat to use the but ABS sensor alarmed  clicking fast sound. could you help me to solve this one since this car i brought it on 2ndhand.
paj-ero

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 18:25    Post subject: Re: ABS light permanently on Reply with quote

vicki wrote:
Hi, I have a 92 Pajero Exceed LWB. The ABS warning light is constantly on, have checked the most common suggestions which all seemed ok and have now done self diagnosis which brought 3 error codes.

1. Wheel Speed Sensor Circuits
2. Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor or Circuit
3. Rear differential Lock Detection Switch Circuit.

I have spoken to a mechanic today who said he can fit the sensors if I supply them but cant look at the diff error. I would rather have someone who can do the whole job, I am struggling to find somewhere locally that can deal with an import, is my only other option to go to a dealer and pay huge bill???

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Vicki

Hi you really need to go to the home page on this forum and find the topic that suits your enquiry e.g. brakes,technical or oil etc click on it and then click post new topic and you can start your own thread/post and put your own title which will help people come and find your post and you will recieve help quicker. Same for the other newish posters here.

Hope it helps abit  Cool
ASM

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 20:10    Post subject: Re: URGENT ABS BRAKES NOTICE Reply with quote

tony wrote:
hi all
this post is to warn all home mechanics about working on your brake system, particularly the 3.2di-d model but may well be relevant to other models with abs. i had the brake pads changed by my local mechanic on my 2000 model 3.2di-d, a simple enough job, but on the road test after 100 metres the abs fault light came on and buzzer sounded inside the car!
nothing we could do would cure the fault so it was time to call in our "ace on the inside" Ivor Green at solihull mitsubishi. the only possible solution was to get the car recovered back to his workshops for him to connect up to diagnostic computer! not wanting to bore you all with loads of trivia i will go straight to the results, "hydraulic brake booster" low pressure switch failed, MOST LIKELY CAUSED BY FLUID BEING PUSHED BACK UP THE SYSTEM WHEN PUSHING PISTONS BACK IN WHEEL CALIPER. Ivor has asked me to let everybody know that the flexi pipes at the caliper should be clamped and the bleed nipple cracked open to release the excess fluid as the pistons are pushed back in the calipers. to make matters worse we removed abs relays with the engine running to stop abs pump running constantly and this caused a voltage spike to render the abs computer unservicable! LESSON FROM THIS IS "DO NOT DISSCONECT ANY THING ELECTRICAL FROM BRAKE SYSTEM WITH IGNITION SWITCHED ON". now for those that are going to ask "how much?" new HBB is £1400+vat (non returnable to mitsu if its not the fault on pajero maybe on shogun) abs computer £544+vat.
lucky for me i knew where there was a crashed shogun and i got both bits for £270 cash.
last word from Ivor, he will help anybody in the club but please e-mail him through the club with your questions and he will reply asap, if you need to talk on the telephone pm him with your no. and he will call you if an e-mail cannot sort your problem out!

So basically, what you're saying is "don't touch the brakes unless you know what you're doing!?"
ASM

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 20:15    Post subject: Re: URGENT ABS BRAKES NOTICE Reply with quote

tony wrote:
hi all
this post is to warn all home mechanics about working on your brake system, particularly the 3.2di-d model but may well be relevant to other models with abs. i had the brake pads changed by my local mechanic on my 2000 model 3.2di-d, a simple enough job, but on the road test after 100 metres the abs fault light came on and buzzer sounded inside the car!
nothing we could do would cure the fault so it was time to call in our "ace on the inside" Ivor Green at solihull mitsubishi. the only possible solution was to get the car recovered back to his workshops for him to connect up to diagnostic computer! not wanting to bore you all with loads of trivia i will go straight to the results, "hydraulic brake booster" low pressure switch failed, MOST LIKELY CAUSED BY FLUID BEING PUSHED BACK UP THE SYSTEM WHEN PUSHING PISTONS BACK IN WHEEL CALIPER. Ivor has asked me to let everybody know that the flexi pipes at the caliper should be clamped and the bleed nipple cracked open to release the excess fluid as the pistons are pushed back in the calipers. to make matters worse we removed abs relays with the engine running to stop abs pump running constantly and this caused a voltage spike to render the abs computer unservicable! LESSON FROM THIS IS "DO NOT DISSCONECT ANY THING ELECTRICAL FROM BRAKE SYSTEM WITH IGNITION SWITCHED ON". now for those that are going to ask "how much?" new HBB is £1400+vat (non returnable to mitsu if its not the fault on pajero maybe on shogun) abs computer £544+vat.
lucky for me i knew where there was a crashed shogun and i got both bits for £270 cash.
last word from Ivor, he will help anybody in the club but please e-mail him through the club with your questions and he will reply asap, if you need to talk on the telephone pm him with your no. and he will call you if an e-mail cannot sort your problem out!

So basically, what you're saying is "don't touch the brakes unless you know what you're doing!?" Which is how it should be for anyone touching brakes. Now in this cae I can only say "thanks for the warning! I shall leave the brakes overhaul to the Mitsi dealer than!"
bents1

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi can any one help me I need to change the brakes on my pajero were is the best place to get them from also my pajero seem to use a lot of fuel  Twisted Evil
bents1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do all the 2.5 k reg exceed have abs or not
Offroad_beast

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

i have this problem

03 3.2di-d lwb....

when the truck has been standing for a bit and you start her up the light isnt on, then after a few miles it comes on and doesn't go off until you let it sit for a bit again and re-start engine....

what could be the problem? has new brakes all round
geodrome

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 16:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are tricky to bleed. Did the fluid reservoir run dry or was it kept full, was it pads only or calipers as well?
Did you open the bleed nipples when pushing the pistons back? If not abs unit can get valve damage.
Plenty about this in the 4m41 section
jmccrac4

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:10    Post subject: brake issue Reply with quote

hi
I have a 2000 3.2 did  wife was driving it when brakes just went in to floor, mechanic reckoned back calipers seized  as the front brakes where red hot put it down  to  heat fade., so loosened rear calipers  up and put new pads on. vehicle then started to brake unexpectedly by  itself  at times frightening,(red brake warning light came on at  same time, then  off).  He said it was ABS unit( i had changed that last year and to to me the symptons seemed different to then a ABS lights etc, warnings occurred and fitting cured it.  He on listening to me pulled the electric  leads off the unit and got me to  drive her down  the road with  ABS light on and warning sounding, I was unsure what  this meant, however just  down road brake pedal went hard and i  had to  use hand brake gears to  get  back. He said this proved that unit was defective,  I got the unit as he requested he has now contacted me  to  say he has fitted it and unit is also  defective as brakes are hard  ABS light on  warning sound. I pointed out that  this was occurring  on  old unit when i  brought it back  after disconnection. he says it was  ok  when  he put them  back  on.
I have looked around sites and have heard
1. is it  true that  if he pushed calipers without clamping and releasing bleed nipples he could damgage ecu

2. Was there any point in  that  disconnecting the electric  leads on unit and driving, has it possibly caused damage to  relays etc.
geodrome

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite, the valves inside the control unit are what gets damaged.
You need to get the fault codes. Plenty of instructions how to do it if you search.

Also check with mitsubishi for any outstanding recalls on the brakes. There is a known issue with the hydraulic brake booster accumulator.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: