Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

New Pinin - Fixing Brakes & Ball Joint

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pinin & Jnr discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottchio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 17:32    Post subject: New Pinin - Fixing Brakes & Ball Joint Reply with quote

Hi All,

Finally back into 4x4s after a few years (used to have a Pajero and before that I grew up butchering a Series IIA Landrover) as I managed to bag a "bargain" '02 Shogun Pinin with a lot of miles on it.

Previous owner appears not to have spent any money on it at all. Brakes in shocking condition, including offside front worn down to zilch. Also appears to need a new ball joint as there's too much free play in same front (advisory on MOT from 4 months ago seems not to have been heeded!).

Also the tyres are on their last legs too, so they'll need to go.

A few questions for anyone who knows where to look (usually worth asking an expert!):

1) What are the best all purpose tyres for this machine - I was thinking General Grabber AT2 - anyone got any insight?!
2) Assuming I will be upgrading all the brakes so that they are working Wink, what else should I look out for on a car of this age / model.
3) Lastly, of course, such a diligent owner has lost the owners manual. Anywhere I can look for one? Also any links for tyre pressures and regular levels etc!

Despite the all-but-destroyed brake disc, this car seems to be otherwise in good nick. I managed to do a little muddy work to test things out (albeit slightly slippery due to barely legal tyres all round) and the 4WD was surprisingly good - feels like it could be a great mini off roader to me.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can chip in.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 17:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

scottchio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, just a quick point for the pedantically minded... Pajero Pinin: any different from the Shogun Pinin?

Just noticed the title of this forum section!
12g295

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 23:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott. "Pajero Pinin: any different from the Shogun Pinin? "

I have no idea.  Most of the people that hang out here are into the Pajero Junior

An import only car for the UK.  
All I know about pinins is that all of the UK examples that I have seen are very, very rusty.
PININ_me

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Handbook says tyre pressures should be 28 psi all round however i think thats too low - looks like they need more air when car is parked and stationary. So i put on 35psi tyres dont look flat or saggy like they do on 28.
Not sure on tyres too be honest mines on its 2nd set of bridgestones now done 90k so will need to change them shortly, wanting an aggresive tread myself bit like the BFGoodrich's

If body work is good your onto a winner. Mines a 53 plate like i said 90k on it, and the first slight sign of surface rust on the drivers front arch has just appeared
queegle

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 14:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

12g295 wrote:
Hi Scott. "Pajero Pinin: any different from the Shogun Pinin? "

I have no idea.  Most of the people that hang out here are into the Pajero Junior

An import only car for the UK.  
All I know about pinins is that all of the UK examples that I have seen are very, very rusty.

The Pajero Pinin and the Shogun Pinin are essentially identical.  My understanding is that the Shogun Pinin is the model officially sold in the UK, whereas it was known as the Pajero in other markets.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pinin & Jnr discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: