QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Where to buy an ABS sensor?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Worsle

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 17:45    Post subject: Where to buy an ABS sensor? Reply with quote

Hi all - my '96 3.0 Shogun has just failed it's MOT for faulty ABS and corroded brake pipes. Pipes are being fixed and ABS fault has been isolated to the OSF ABS sensor being non operational. An easy enough fix, but does anyone know where they can be replaced cheaper than the genuine Mitsubishi / Milners at £140?

Seems a lot to pay for a pretty basic bit of kit...

Cheers!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 17:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

fest
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

would like to know that too i am gonna be needing one for next mot ....  Sad
rich r

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the equivalent Hyundai sensor is much cheaper. They used the same system on quite a few models which were based on Mitsubishi ones.

ABS components are always relatively expensive because they're often expensive to make high precision devices and have cost the manufacturers huge amounts of money in development and testing to demonstrate that they can do what is an incredibly critical safety related job. Same reason things like airbags and seatbelts are expensive if bought new.
charlieannear
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

They aren't cheap but my local independent Mitsi garage had no problem getting hold of one (think they just ordered from Mitsi dealer)
alan9362

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

rich r wrote:
I believe the equivalent Hyundai sensor is much cheaper. They used the same system on quite a few models which were based on Mitsubishi ones.

ABS components are always relatively expensive because they're often expensive to make high precision devices and have cost the manufacturers huge amounts of money in development and testing to demonstrate that they can do what is an incredibly critical safety related job. Same reason things like airbags and seatbelts are expensive if bought new.

Hyundai Part No 59830-M1050 for front O/S abs sensor (check part No with supplier to be sure though)  Wink
Worsle

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 16:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alan!
alan9362

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your'e welcome  thumbleft
cwmtwrchsteve

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 21:19    Post subject: ABS Sensor where to buy Reply with quote

From my unpleasant experience this week with the 1994 Pajero braking system I can answer this question quite simply.
Most motor factors can supply as can 1000's of advertisers I searched for on Google, after hours of searching and calling it became apparent that with an imported Pajero the only way to be sure of the right part was to remove the old sensor and get the part number from it to quote and then job done! Price on average was £35 a lot less than Milners £138 and they all came with a warranty.

Before you rush into this pay much attention to your old sensor as you remove it, especially if you have run your pads into the ground mine was full of muck and filings. I cleaned it out and bingo all systems working as they should.

I also found this pdf useful, it may refer to American models but I believe the principles to be the same www.manual.pajero4x4.ru/?wpfb_dl=8550

This week has once again proved that my Pajero is a fantastic hobby, though fishing would be cheaper
Good Luck
Steve
cwmtwrchsteve

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 22:28    Post subject: new ABS PDF link Reply with quote

manual.pajero4x4.ru/?wpfb_dl=8550
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: