2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Show us your radio

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmyw
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 0:04    Post subject: Show us your radio Reply with quote

Bit of an idea for a fun thread that could end up being a good resource too. Stick up a few pics,a brief review and some of the pros, cons, tricks and tips about your radio.

I'll start,mine is a JVC KW XR811 double din Bluetooth jobbie,got it to replace a lidl one I had that stopped reading USB sticks.

Comes with a remote,which is useful for long drives as it is set up for LHD cars with the main controls on the LHS of the fascia.

Currently rocking an orange and blue colour scheme for during the day.

Colours can be picked from a list,or done through an RGB mixing interface that looks like this

Displays are the best thing about a double din unit,everything can be seen at a glance,and no miniscule scrolling messages. The display in this displays battery level on the paired phone,signal,time, music source,title and lots f other things depending on how it is set up

It has 3 phono outputs on the back ; sub, front and rear,which feed the amp I have in the rear. Customisable LPF  and HPF and volume controls for the sub. The microphone is on a nice long wire,and has more than enough to be mouted in the headlining,but I have mine in the speedo binnacle. also has 2 USB slots,one in the front and one in the rear,which takes the Bluetooth dongle

The menu for browsing through an mp3 CD or USB stick is really easy to browse and allows you do do it without really taking eyes off the road for long.

What I don't like is that the controls are designed around A LHD car,the USB fouls the transfer box lever in low box,the beeps when buttons are pressed are really loud,and the ringer is deafening when the phone rings,though that can be adjusted,but resets after the battery is disconnected.

So show the rest of us what provides the soundtrack to your drive
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 0:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 0:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool

Well i have 2 things in common.................JVC and double din Laughing

Original unit

Replaced with

Just wanted it for the USB mainly as oe unit...........well it had a cassette  Laughing
Display change in blue
[IMG]http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l612/venn105/car/th_D5A983A1-D621-4EF8-AF40-65A426BDC96F_zps6rbtf9jk.mp4[/IMG]

I have it green to match dash Very Happy

May at later date go for a dvd but unsure.........................

In the shogy i had a single din unit with usb..........only blurred pic i can find Laughing
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went for Chinese in the end

Radio

Phone

Sat Nav (rubbish photo)

Mitsy Logo (it's actually red but rubbish camera)

CD player

DVD player

It's also got SD card (but I haven't got a spare one at the moment)

And it has Freeview TV (but I haven't set that up yet)

Fitting is dead easy if your radio wiring hasn't been butchered.

Connect the ISO plug

Earth the handbrake wire (otherwise the DVD and TV don't work if you are driving)

Connect the GPS and TV aerials.

Fasten in with the brackets provided.

Plenty of room in the dash for it - I've not fitted the trim around it yet because it will have to come out when the external microphone, reversing camera and front video recorder arrive.

Switches feel a bit flimsy but the touch screen works well and the sound quality is good (for me at least!) - can't complain for less that £160.
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like that a lot Pete Cool  i do prefer the full screen,i am sure i have to remove some trim slightly(no issue tbh) but did not want to go that far.

Of course i would have kept the DVD bit quiet with the kids Laughing

hmmm    Idea  a quad din unit with 2 screens,2 earphone plugs is the solution(or head rest screens) Laughing  Laughing
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the money it's good Mark - the buttons will probably fall off in a few month but hey-ho - can't have everything at that price..

The digital TV doesn't work - keeps saying "no signal" so I've ordered a better aerial - no great loss to me so maybe not even bother sending it back if the new aerial doesn't cure it.

Can run satnav and music at the same time - but need to find out how to turn off the bloody woman telling me that I've broken the speed limit!!

Very pleased with it - but I wouldn't let kids near the buttons!!
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 13:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got the TV working - just needed a better aerial and signal amplifier.

Just waiting for the front camera/recorder and the reversing camera to turn up.
rich r

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 14:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my 1936 Invicta AW57. Fully working and sounds amazing from that big 10" speaker. I replaced some of the wiring and all the dried out capacitors and a couple of the resistors that have drifted out of tolerance in the last 75 years or so. All the valves are original. LW/MW/SW only, but that's fine.

Goes nicely with my other valve radios: 1954 Bush DAC34, 1955 Pye P75A and 1959 Ferranti U1003 (that one's got VHF).

To be fair, none of them work in the car very well, but they do look far nicer than slabs of black plastic and LCDs Smile
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 14:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool  Cool  Cool any pics of it opening or vids etc,just would like to know it it would catch on mine opening...........

If not no worries  Wink

So jeremy kyle whilst driving................as good as it gets Laughing
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing gonna say rich,thats some BIG dash you have,well i kind of feel a little more normal now with my flashlights Laughing

Wink
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

venn105 wrote:
Cool  Cool  Cool any pics of it opening or vids etc,just would like to know it it would catch on mine opening...........

If not no worries  Wink

peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

venn105 wrote:

If not no worries  Wink

I'll do some - hopefully tomorrow.

Surprisingly it doesn't get anywhere near the gear levers on a Paj.

The screen opens up till it is horizontal so you need the same space in front of the unit as the height of the unit.

TV and DVD do not work while driving - unless you earth the control wire on the back of the unit of course! Very Happy
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 15:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

rich r wrote:

Goes nicely with my other valve radios: 1954 Bush DAC34, 1955 Pye P75A and 1959 Ferranti U1003 (that one's got VHF).

To be fair, none of them work in the car very well, but they do look far nicer than slabs of black plastic and LCDs Smile

My old neighbour collected old valve radios and repaired them - they sound so much better than modern stuff.

Shame they don't do them in "double DIN" format  Very Happy
Adman

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

peteinchad wrote:
I went for Chinese in the end

Radio

Phone

Sat Nav (rubbish photo)

Mitsy Logo (it's actually red but rubbish camera)

CD player

DVD player

It's also got SD card (but I haven't got a spare one at the moment)

And it has Freeview TV (but I haven't set that up yet)

Fitting is dead easy if your radio wiring hasn't been butchered.

Connect the ISO plug

Earth the handbrake wire (otherwise the DVD and TV don't work if you are driving)

Connect the GPS and TV aerials.

Fasten in with the brackets provided.

Plenty of room in the dash for it - I've not fitted the trim around it yet because it will have to come out when the external microphone, reversing camera and front video recorder arrive.

Switches feel a bit flimsy but the touch screen works well and the sound quality is good (for me at least!) - can't complain for less that £160.

That's very similar to the one I had in my van, although I went for the non sat nav version. Only cost me £110 at the time and lasted 2 years before things stopped working on it
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep - I'm not expecting it to last as long as my old Sony one which is still going after 10 years
Adman

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 18:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was great watching DVDs/tv when having a break or waiting for paint/sealant/adhesive to dry  Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: