QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Shogun Central locking short circuit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Electrical issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dunc8

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 23:09    Post subject: Shogun Central locking short circuit Reply with quote

Hi, looking for some help with my newly acquired 2005 shogun sport 2.5td
Was looking to fit a remote central locking unit to vehicle at weekend but now the central locking does not work with key from either door.
Tried to fit a blue power unit that I had lying about and while trying to connect wires to the lock/unlock wires at side of interior fusebox I managed to short something and now both locking wires have no permanent earth at them.
I have checked and replaced all interior fuses and bonnet fuses test ok and still nothing, is there any relay or unit that I could have damaged on the car and if so where is it located..
Was hoping this would be a quick job so I could open doors for kids easier but has turned into a right mess, wish I had never started on the electrics now, never seem to be straightforward.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 23:09    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have a circuit diagram for the MkII but it may be similar to yours.

There is a control unit (behind speaker according to diagram) - There are two relays inside that.
Dunc8

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I will have a look at that later, seem to recall a few boxes/control units near fusebox
I have also noticed that the lights on warning buzzer when you open drivers door also does not work anymore, presume this must be linked to Central locking somehow
Dunc8

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know where I can find a cicuit diagram for above 55 plate shogun sport.
Also, is there any other fuse in the central locking system apart from the one in interior fusebox..?
justytuk
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 0:14    Post subject: Central locking issues Reply with quote

Hi I had the same problem, one minute it was working and when tried to tidy the cables up after fitting the universal remote control the central locking  stopped working and messed up all the central locking. I have the same issue this has made the opening up doors for kids a bigge nighmare.

Have you had any luck with fixing it.

Cheers
Dunc8

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not been able to locate a wiring diagram for the central locking system, anyone got any ideas as it's not ideal having no central locking in this colder weather..?
geodrome

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has it got a tow bar?
I've had loads of problems with mine blowing fuses and stopping the central locking and comfort settings working. When the control box on the towbar loom fails it effects the canbus.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Electrical issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: