Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

rear suspension question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boyensy

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 19:15    Post subject: rear suspension question Reply with quote

Anyone on here used coil spacers\assisters?? The rear on my shogun sport sags a bit when pulling the boat, it also sits about an inch lower at the rear compared to the front, when parked as normal not towing, (but they said torsion bars may have been wound up?) I wondered if anyone has used them, local garage rec. them as quick and cheap alternative until I have the cash for new stiffer springs? £40 fitted incl levelling of front torsion bars, sounds too good not to try??
Cheers
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 19:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 23:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,you may find that new coils may just be £15 more than the £40

http://www.milneroffroad.com/?utm_expid=52418066-1.BK6FuGKhRNe2LBX8BaOU_w.0&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2F

20% uprated too,imho i would go that way Wink
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add your torsions can be adjusted for free,just 10 mins of your time
http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=148546&highlight=
Boyensy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 0:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice, After looking around the forum I'm getting the bug  Laughing
So next question is, where can I get longer springs for the sport (as I'm gonna change them anyway?) Or 2" spacers to go with new standard springs? Does subzero make them for the sport?
Spent hours trying to find a pair
I'm going to have a 2" body lift too (told u I've got the bug) I use it to launch and retrieve my boat and jet ski so makes perfect sense to keep the body a bit further away from the water  Laughing , (that's how I'm selling it to the misses)  Rolling Eyes
Boyensy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any body  Laughing
Somebody must make spacers for the shogun sport???? If not there's a "gap" in the market!!

Venn105, I played with torsion bars, (in advance of sorting the rears) thanks for the link,  headbang
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boyensy wrote:
Thanks for the advice, After looking around the forum I'm getting the bug  Laughing
So next question is, where can I get longer springs for the sport (as I'm gonna change them anyway?) Or 2" spacers to go with new standard springs? Does subzero make them for the sport?
Spent hours trying to find a pair
I'm going to have a 2" body lift too (told u I've got the bug) I use it to launch and retrieve my boat and jet ski so makes perfect sense to keep the body a bit further away from the water  Laughing , (that's how I'm selling it to the misses)  Rolling Eyes

Not sure on that as not too well up on the sports,spacers will give lift(fit on top of coils but not help ride)
Now i cant recommend as dont have any experience but maybe worth a try
http://www.pedders.co.uk/info-mitsubishi-shogun-sport-lift-kits
These 2 i have used issue free so can recommend........

Check
http://westcoastoffroad.co.uk/

See if they do or can get kits,also,dont be put off as not listed,david is a great guy and if he can help he will Wink
http://www.llama4x4.com/

Body lift wise
http://xpajun.com/

Give these guys a shout Wink ,dont  go too high as centre of gravity will exaggerate handling in a negative way.So limit to 2" and also for work involved,more than 2" then brake pipes,hoses,lots of extra bits,fuel lines ,gear lever extensions and £££ more ............

Now if your doing a lift you will need bigger boots as will look odd,so 33/12.5/15 in 8j or 10j or 285/75/16 in 8j

I can spend your money all day long and not got  started yet Laughing  Laughing

Hopefully some sport owners will advise Wink
Del_

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put a set of the Milner springs on the back of my challenger - recommend decent shocks as it was a tad bouncy until I changed mine
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes and if i could add get 4 if possible,that way it keeps all the damping at same rate Wink

Iron man to rough country.......want to spend more,OME too
Boyensy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the ambo service gave me a day off so i decided to fit the 2" lift kit I got from xpajun,
Got All bolts undone etc, tried to jack up body, help lol Embarassed , I'm using the bottle jack supplied with the truck, its about a foot too short, or am I doing something completely wrong, tried packing out with a couple of concrete blocks, still couldn't get enough height to get spacers in??? Help needed as I really don't want to refit\tighten all 10 bolts to drive to a garage!!!
Boyensy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought... Should I be putting the jack on the chassis not the floor???? Sorry if this is a stupid question Embarassed
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

One side at a time,can jack off wheel using some wood under arch for protection.So do one side,then repeat other,make sure hoses are good after (rad) make sure you loose bottom rad cowl too,keep eye on brake lines and go slow.........

I am presuming all bolts are removed on one side Wink

Fit the kit on top of existing spacer
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is for 3" so requires more work over 2",but may help
http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=96350

You will need to cut out rear of 4wd stick surround so it goes back into 2h as well Wink
Boyensy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

All done guys n gals, took about 3hours including removing the trims etc. Fairly easy considering i'm no mechanic, getting the bottom radiator cowl off, took about two hours of head scratching follwed by 10 seconds of actually removing it, easy when you know how Embarassed
only thing i have to do is remove a small piece of the gear lever/shroud thingy as venn said, it won't stay in 2h,
It is a bit of a pain to get into reverse too, (well just needs to be banged over a bit harder to the right before moving back) is this normal?? any body else had this??

Need to give the underneath a good clean and underseal as it looks a bit tatty now its exposed  Rolling Eyes

currently running General AT2's  255/60/18   so although a tad small, they'll do until the tyres needs changing as theres a fair bit left on them and dont look too lost. then going for 265/70/18's which should fit much nicer.

Thanks for the advice peeps, much appreciated. If i ever get enough posts i'll stick some pics on as she progresses,
Boyensy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 16:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

For any shogun sport warrior owners, after an annoying vibration (osr),
I have realised that the 2" lift fouls the osr arch\mudflap on the tail pipe, took 150 miles to vibrate, i knew it was touching slightly on the lift, but never considered the heat,as its melted a shape into it now  leaving a tiny gap which vibrates at certain revs, considering its just a mud flap, it sounded like a Gatling gun Embarassed

Easy to sort though, just moved the last exhaust hanger to the left about 10mm

Thought worth mentioning to avoid anyone else having a melt  Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: