Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Engine shudder on start up cured with a new (solid) flywheel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hilux

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 20:11    Post subject: Engine shudder on start up cured with a new (solid) flywheel Reply with quote

Recently had a my clutch go on my SWB 2005 110K miler and the dual mass flywheel allowed about a quarter turn between units - it was completely cattle trucked so I installed a solid flywheel and new clutch which has transformed the car.

All clutch judder has gone and the engine rocking badly on occasion when starting has completely gone.

Slightly more vibration in lower gears if at very low revs but I can recommend it.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 20:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Davie5316

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, better replacement than a DMF . At least it should last longer , mines been in few years now.
DI-Dick

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed to a solid flywheel about 25k miles ago and have been meaning to report back on progress ever since.  The shogun is transformed!  No rattles/bangs/vibrations.  The transmission feels smoother and more direct and the clutch seems stronger and more predictable.  There's no downside whatsoever as far as I can see.  Win/win, and I would thoroughly recommend it  thumbright
awant_uk

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

can i ask ... which brand did you go for?? have u all used the same brand or all different... don't think my dmf will last too much longer and be good to know which one you would recommend. many thanks
DI-Dick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry bud, only just seen this as haven't been on here for a while.
I actually bought genuine mitsubishi clutch and solid flywheel.  Not from mitsubishi but from a place called agrimec in kent, sorry I haven't got the contact details. Everyone will tell you that genuine mitsu solid flywheels don't exist but they do. They are standard fit equipment on shoguns in some parts of the world where i guess reliability is of more importance than driving refinement lol!  The kit was more expensive than the rest, I paid £700 which is far more expensive than some but I wanted the quality/reliability that comes with a genuine part.  To date, roughly two and half years on, I'm well pleased and haven't regretted it at all.
Hope that helps.
Bogof

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

DI-Dick wrote:
 Not from mitsubishi but from a place called agrimec in kent, sorry I haven't got the contact details. .

Try here agrimec in kent
trekker

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushes for sale too !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: