eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Are In car Aerials any good

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeaccordion

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:11    Post subject: Are In car Aerials any good Reply with quote

I have now had my Pajero for 4 days and starting to look round to see what needs sorting out.
The Aerial that is fitted appears to be the factory fitted on that is on the N.S wing but is broken off at the base. Rather than replace it in this vulnerable position I have been looking at In car aerials. Halfords have one at about £15 with a booster that fits on the bottom of the windscreen. Has anyone got one or tried one or any other similar device. Would apreciate your views. Thanks to POCUK I discovered halfords had a plug adaptor for £9 to install my new radio to the existing  plugs. Saved me a lot of hassle just plugged straight in.
   Mike
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Peanutz

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 15:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

I went down that route with a Shogun i owned before my current Paj. I bought one that stuck on the front windscreen behind the rear view mirror. Had terrible reception wherever I went so I certainly wouldn't recommend them.

They might be ok if you are in an area that has very strong radio signal but I found that where I lived I couldn't get any reception and when I drove into cities I still couldn't get any reception.

My current Paj has the electric aerial in the front wing - only a matter of time before it is snapped off. I have fitted a switch so I can lower the aerial when I am listening to a CD.

I'm thinking of getting a CB aerial mount on the rear spare wheel holder and fitting a Zetagi DX27 CB Radio Car Stereo Splitter Box so I can use a CB aerial as the radio aerial - all items are on ebay. That way, there would be no way the aerial would snap!!
pajmanAl

Zodiac: Cancer
Location: Blackpool A strange place where no body knows whose local any more?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had one in mine for 8 years and unless I'm in heavy steel area I have no problem with reception
mikeaccordion

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:49    Post subject: Re Incar Aerial Reply with quote

Thanks for your help
 Mike
ian lunn

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 21:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one absolute rubbish I get better reception with the coat hanger in old Arial base.
mikeaccordion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 20:47    Post subject: Re Radio Aerial Reply with quote

I did wonder about the coat hanger, but as I now have a radio installed I find I get a good reception with  the remains of the aerial minus mast. To be honest I do not listen to the radio much as radio 2 doesnt have much Bluegrass, Scottish or Irish music, so I got a radio with USB input to play my downloaded music
Thanks again
Mike
The procrastinator

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 14:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I'd dig up this old thread to ask if anyone has any tips regarding improving the reception of a 'sticky' windscreen type aerial. Mine is awful. Its mounted up behind the rear view mirror and earthed with the same. I've noticed that there is no difference whether its earthed or not, equally poor. This is my second aerial and the same problem so I cant even blame the chinese! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: