eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Evo Stainless exhausts - group buy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> EVO Mods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cybox

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 16:23    Post subject: First System Completed! Reply with quote

First and foremost - a big Thank You to Pad for bringing his Evo down yesterday, having braved congested roads and howling winds, followed by a day at the retail park. We're delighted it was all worthwhile!!

Despite time being our enemy (as is often the case), the build went exceptionally well and we completed the 200-cell Sports Cat with 2.5 inch mandrel-bent system, finished with a 3 inch slash cut tailpipe. It sounded fantastic on a static test, and Pad's comments above give us reassurance that the tone at cruising speed is more than acceptable.

We now have more silencers made and the required pipe bends stored in the CNC machine. Although we didn't have time to make a sample, Pad has very kindly offered to loan his vehicle again to enable us to complete a sample, and to run off any additional systems as required.

Images are to follow, but bear in mind there are a few tweaks that we will be making to Pad's and all subsequent systems:

1) The flange on the original downpipe was very thin gauge, and badly corroded. We feel this will be the case on others too. We will supply a complete new spring-joint which will clamp to the stub on the end of the downpipe. The original flange will need to be cut off (if it doesn't fall off!!)

2) All hangers will be reinforced and attached to both top and bottom of pipes.

3) Skid plates will be added to the silencer box.

So far we've got NOS EXUP and Alan83 also wanting systems asap, if there's anyone else wanting to jump on board for the next batch, please let me know and we'll run as many as needed when Pad come in again. We'll aim to do this in the next few weeks.

Regards
Jerry
Cybox
0151 343 0330
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 16:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

NOS EXUP

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent Jerry
Skid plates and reinforced mounts is what i wanted to hear

Any photos please ? These may also help others decide

Thanks
Nick
pad4
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 16:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey up - Ill post some pics of the exhaust this evening - had a bit of a disaster, bust shower pump in the house, flooded it, ceiling collapsed, wet electrics , trashed internet router so ive been a bit offline so to speak

Watch this space

Pad
pad4
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here yar..

hazee

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 23:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested in one of theses but not until march ... Is this a possibility ?
T04GTR

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

EVO_PAJ wrote:
Pad, You planning on running on a Dyno to see if you had picked up any Extra ponies that may have escaped over the years ?

Hutchy, I'm currently looking at Downpipes for the paj as well, you'll want an isometric set of pipes if you can afford them. ( equal length both left and right) Issue being is the left pipe is relatively long and the right one short, to make them isometric you need literally fill up the right one with 2 foot of extra pipe to match the right sides capacity.

It has been done and im thinking about it but the price is just Scary ..... 2 grand just for downpipes.....

ergh....  this will be a long project ..

i have done the equal length down pipes ( 2") along with genie 6g74 dohc extractors. th ONLY difference was a nice smooth sound. i evan went to the point of putting on a reverse megaphone off the y pipe merge collector.
in all honesty the secondary pipes cant be longer than about 450mm to gain anything.
the unequal y pipes in 2" compliment each other in scavenging i believe as i have more torque at around 2-3k, with no noticable reduction in top end power. it just sounds harsh not having equal pipes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> EVO Mods All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: