Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Registering my Pajero in France

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jnd1

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:14    Post subject: Registering my Pajero in France Reply with quote

Firstly I would like to thank all members who have contributed to this forum, in particular to Daisy, you have made this journey so much easier by sharing your experiences. I arrived in France in January and last week made my first visit to the DREAL in Poitiers. Unfortunately my 1997 SWB Pajero failed on the following:
1. Seatbelts – they did not have the E stamped on them and the chap there said they must be changed. However, on reading these forums it appears that most of you didn’t need to do it.
The seatbelts have a label which says – MEETS   F/LMVSS 209, can anybody throw any light on what this means and does it meet EU specifications. If so how can I prove it to the chap at the DREAL.
2. Speedo face does not show Kph any ideas where I can purchase one that does?
3. PTAC number not clear on the annex to my partial certificate although I could read it with a magnifier.
Any help would be gratefully received and thanks again for a superb forum.
John
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:14    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
F/LMVSS 209

I just googled this and it is an American Standard - DETAILS HERE.

Quote:
FMVSS 209 was the first standard to become effective on March 1, 1967

You will probably find that your light lenses are E marked either - mine aren't but it doesn't seem to matter in the UK.
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seatbelts item 13 here: file:///C:/Users/Anne/Downloads/AutoAlliancecommentstoUSTRreTTIP5-10-132.pdf    gives the equivalent EU number for FMVSS 209..  ECE R16 & 44 ( which doesn't ring a bell with me, but we are talking 5 years now.. ) I think my chap at the DRIRE as it was then, contacted Mitsubishi to check my insistance that it was an EU accepted norme. Mitsubishi France told him it was OK - a good moment for me   Wink

My Paj doesn't read in KPH either ( ha ha  - he missed that ..  Laughing  ) both odometer and speedo are in MPH. Firstly, has your Paj simply been 'converted' to read in MPH ? if so the converter can be removed and the car will read in KPH. - but it won't have an indication in MPH of course. What's the maximum figure on your speedo ? That will give an idea of whether it's a KPH speedo converted to MPH as it will be a wishful thinking 180 MPH ( originally a more realistic 180 KPH ).  I do have a set of MK2 dials somewhere... off a 1993 ish 2.8 SWB I think so they may not be any good...

PTAC, if I can find my docs I'll let you know. It was VERY difficult to read..
rich r

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anne - sadly you've linked to a file on your own PC, which nobody else can access Sad
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops..  

The info is on the UK Govt site in the manual about SVA , ( now IVA )    <     https://www.gov.uk/government/.../M1_IVA_inspection_manual.pdf  >    on  page 27.
Roadrunner2110

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 23:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add some more help maybe. My seltbelts were covered by the partial CoC issued by Mitsubishi therefore exempted by DREAL (DRIRE name and nature) They picked up on the front side lights/indicators not being E marked so I bought some Shogun lamps off of Ebay and fitted them. Fortunately the speedo had MPH and KPH as a V26 Japanese import. As far as immatriculation in France, with Daisy's exemplary write up's and getting an SWB spec online I was able to have the new VIN plate made as an online purchase showing the PTAC and axle loads etc. I believe it's pure luck at which DREAL depot you turn up at, like everything in France it varies from department to department and individual interpreation of rules vis the impot rules. I went to DREAL, Perigny, near La Rochelle and it was relatively painless apart from they said they would accept photos of the new front side lights and in the event insisted on a return to Perigny which was 2.5 hours round trip for a 2 minute inspection by DREAL, c'est la vie  Rolling Eyes What seems amazing is that the approvals of vehicles from outside the EU isn't standardised within the EU as my truck had been imported into the UK and then transferred to France and immatriculated and so the acceptances in the UK were not deemed to be applicable to the French. This seems to make a mockery of the EU system as a whole particularly when one sees some of the old rusty junk on the roads around here and even more amazing they seem to pass the CT (MOT).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: