eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

DPF Regeneration

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmybond

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gta1898
I always do the upto date common rail courses as software is always changing.
last course I did was euro5
you wont believe how many times the Injector has to fire in 2 crank revolutions.
I just assumed this would be the case for the dpf as a regen on my machine onky makes the fuel fire from injector into cylinder whilst piston is coming up with exhaust valve open so it pumps more fuel in dpf to help cook it up to burn soot off.
it holds engines revs up to any rpm it wants depending on how bad the counters are.
some nissanqashqai2 sits at 3000rpm for 30 to 40 mins then drops to 1500rpm until counters somewhere near 6.
it wants the revs up to help with extra heat as gasses from exhaust plus more fuel goes in as engine turning faster.

I dont actually know what the new dpf software does but there is a recall for it.
I have a friend who had a mistubishi franchise and he told me about it as he see I had a 2007 shogun.
I never knew nothing about it nor done nothing about it as im not really that affected by it.
mine at mo seems to be no bother.
I tow often and often heavy stuff plus long journeys.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 20:21    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

gta1898

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 23:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmybond,
Thanks for the information of injection campaigns and timings.
I'm going to book my appointment for the timing chain tensioner recall and DPF software recall tomorrow, I intend asking about what group of cars the software issue relates too and exactly what the modification is........the recall mentions a correction to the dpf learning program.
Graham
jimmybond

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know how you get on as I done nowt with mine.
I dont know dates it starts from etc.
to be honest I dont know how my mate found out as hes not been mitsubishi for a while.
hes now skoda as he said mitsubishi he only lost money with.
skoda he always claims pays out for warranty etc and they pay well for warranty work.
well thats what he claims.
gta1898

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 17:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I booked mine in for 10th March and asked whether the DPF software update was an update to all vehicles, it isn't, it's just selected ones!
Why just some cars need a software update and others don't is beyond me, afterall the ECU is common,  especially when you consider the DPF software update  ranges from 2008 cars to 2014! The dealership was unable to provide any more details than is on my recall notice.
Bogof

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 0:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

gta1898 wrote:
Well I booked mine in for 10th March and asked whether the DPF software update was an update to all vehicles, it isn't, it's just selected ones!
Why just some cars need a software update and others don't is beyond me, afterall the ECU is common,  especially when you consider the DPF software update  ranges from 2008 cars to 2014! The dealership was unable to provide any more details than is on my recall notice.

The dealer flatly refused to carryout the DPF upgrade as Mitsubishi wouldn't pay for it. They also said it only affects a limted chassis range.

I also spoke to CS at Mitsubishi and they confirmed that only a small number needed the upgrade. And mine doesn't fall into the chassis range. They also said it only affects 2012 to 2014 cars, nothing earlier than 2012.

Bored with this now. I need a reliable vehicle that will work same hours as me.

They did suggest that I should book it in to the dealer for a forced regen and they would "reset parameters properly" whatever that means. Still got the same problem though, it's a full day for me to get there and back and I can't afford that sort of time every few weeks.
radiomike

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

gta1898 wrote:

There are several versions of the DIDC engine installation:

2007>20009 Euro 4 manual cat only no DPF 158bhp 381Nm
                   Euro 4 auto cat + closed flow DPF 168bhp 373Nm

2010>2011 Euro 4 manual cat no DPF 197bhp 441Nm
                 Euro 4 auto cat + open flow DPF 197bhp 441Nm

2012 >        Euro 5 auto & manual cat + closed flow DPF 197bhp 441Nm
gta1898

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bogof wrote:
gta1898 wrote:

The dealer flatly refused to carryout the DPF upgrade as Mitsubishi wouldn't pay for it. They also said it only affects a limted chassis range.

I also spoke to CS at Mitsubishi and they confirmed that only a small number needed the upgrade. And mine doesn't fall into the chassis range. They also said it only affects 2012 to 2014 cars, nothing earlier than 2012.

Bored with this now. I need a reliable vehicle that will work same hours as me.

They did suggest that I should book it in to the dealer for a forced regen and they would "reset parameters properly" whatever that means. Still got the same problem though, it's a full day for me to get there and back and I can't afford that sort of time every few weeks.

Well that's interesting, clearly some error in the software has been missed from later vehicles, or so it seems.

Modern diesel cars, anything with a DPF, which i think is just about all new cars, really aren't suited to short runs anymore, hence why I use a 11year old Golf diesel as my run around town car, petrol is probably the way to go if you do mostly short runs and can't fit a longer run into the equation to allow regeneration to take place.

It seems reverse logic, on one hand saving the environment by fitting a DPF, only then to have to take it for a good run once a week to burn the soot clear in the DPF!

Radiomike:- thanks for the engine types vs DPF fitments.
jimmybond

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats exactly what I say lol.
when I do regen its only burning off your soot you collected lol.

as for all dpf I think vw has got this sorted.
yes I need to do the odd 1 with a regen but not many.
I drive car until couters are low.
I think about 30 and its job done.
this takes about a 10 min drive whilst plugged in and its job done.
takes yonks before it comes back on.
car manufacturers need to copy that system.
most people with a late vw have never ever seen there dpf light.
its only old people who potter about.
radiomike

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 14:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good explanation of why a 2010/11 should not have problems, I spent a year tracking down a good low mileage one:  

http://www.hussgroup.com/huss-umwelt/us/products/filter_filtration.php
gta1898

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

radiomike wrote:
Good explanation of why a 2010/11 should not have problems, I spent a year tracking down a good low mileage one:  

http://www.hussgroup.com/huss-umwelt/us/products/filter_filtration.php

Interesting.

Clearly it's a shame Euro V, I'm assuming that's the reason, pushed the design away from the open flow dpf.

Wonder if you buy an ECU from an open flow equipped car you could remove the closed flow dpf and that would remove all the regeneration routines? I'm assuming the open flow equipped design doesn't need regenerations.
jimmybond

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gta I was thinking the same as you about ecu but 1 I had in for rough idle I could see plugs were different on ecu plus I couldnt even look at software as newer than my machine I use.
I use a carman which has all now from 2010 gone chinese.
if I upgrade software its carp.
I had to go back to 2010.
thars where im stuck.
its a big problem for me as do alot with the ford rangers (mazda)
Ford dont work on them.
theres no listing for a ranger.

another thing is I looked at a manual ecu and a auto.
stuffed there aswell as a auto ecu the gearbox needs to communicate with engine ecu to look at torque and airflow meter etc.
the software id is different.
I was hoping a manual was the same and the spare pins on pins not used was still producing the info.
I dont think they do as I was looking through the live data.

I have never had the dpf deleted out on a shogun but have had on citreon c8s etc.
a guy use to come to me.
it was £150 to 250.
I would drill 3 12mm holes through just the dpf, not the 1st core just the filter material.
I cant find this guy no more.
I think I know why.
cars are now failing there mot with dpf mucked about.
Government has changed the way a car is tested with dpf.
if its showing any signs its not working or been tampered with its a mot failure as this dpf is the sole reaon why it has cheap tax.
ie look on your v5 and you see its class.

but however like for instance the c8 and peugeot cars ive drilled are still passing there mot at present.
any garage would think its still working as still all in place.
I dont know how there cracking down on it but they are.

what you dont want is to pay 250 then to find you cant pass mot.
this will cost way more to put back especially if holes drilled into dpf.
this is why in my opinion your best just biting the bullet and buying a new dpf if you have to keep forcing a regen often.
Bogof

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmybond wrote:

if its showing any signs its not working or been tampered with its a mot failure as this dpf is the sole reaon why it has cheap tax.
ie look on your v5 and you see its class.

Cheap tax? Where?  Shocked
jimmybond

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I have a 206 wrc its a tax band k if I remember.
Look on your docs.
id be surprised if your near a k.
now lets look at a range rover l422 they come in and ive seen £700 discs in there window.
same as evos over a mr360.
now look at your price with a dpf.
I think that wins the argument lol.
Bogof

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 13:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmybond wrote:
Look on your docs.
now lets look at a range rover l422 they come in and ive seen £700 discs in there window.

Mine is M and I paid £500 this year, which is high as it gets unless you include 1st year tax rates. CO2 figure on V5 is 280.

So how does the DPF affect me? It costs me a fortune having to get a regen every few weeks, and it doesn't even help the environment. So I pay a fortune in Road Tax and the tree-huggers still want me to die!
radiomike

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmybond wrote:
Ok I have a 206 wrc its a tax band k if I remember.
Look on your docs.

Jimmy what are you on, VED rates are based on CO2 per mile, nothing to do with DPF or soot?  As Bogof has stated max VED for top class M is £500 not £700.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: