Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Mobility Scooter Carrier/Rack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Towing & technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FreebirdUK

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:31    Post subject: Mobility Scooter Carrier/Rack Reply with quote

Not really a towing question but a similar vein, I would like to be able to transport my mums mobility scooter in my 2004 Shogun Sport, its too high for ramps so I was looking at a carrier to attach to the tow ball. This is made by a local company Leigh Safes. They used to manufacture two sizes and mums scooter is fractionally too large for the smaller carrier. However they have advised me that they have withdrawn production of the larger MSR2 to 'reduce the possibility of overloading issues'.

Has anyone had any experience of using these carriers or can suggest an alternative?

Company web site is Leigh Safes

Phil
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

gregorypestelle

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

If me  Wink I'd try to get a second msr2 that takes up to 25kg and then get a fabricator to add a extra support in tubeless steel that could take a little extra weight Wink

You don't say what weight your mums scooter is ?
FreebirdUK

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 14:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion, sounds good to me. The scooter weighs 57Kg and the two batteries in total come to 18Kg, so in total 75Kg, but the batteries could be stowed inside the truck.

I need to know find details for the following criteria, 'tow bar maximum static vertical load MSVL and also your tow ball manufacturer's MSVL and consider the combined weight of both the ATTACHARACK MSR and the intended load to establish correct MSVL loading conformity'.

There is some good info HERE on nose loads but it looks like i need scales to check it!

Thanks Again
Phil
FreebirdUK

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 14:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tow bar nose load is 115Kg
paji101

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 20:20    Post subject: scooter Reply with quote

hi you say its to high for ramps WHY iam disabled and have a medium size scooter and transport it fully un collapsed in the back of my td5 disco but before this truck i had a pajero and had no problems getting it in or out as i used a 7 foot ramp which folds two ways making it only 3 foot 6 inch by 15 inches when folded and it slides up side of the scooter in the back cheers gary
FreebirdUK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried a pair of 7' ramps and it was not possible. The scooter was too heavy to push up the ramp and it would wheelspin when powered up it, no traction due to the angle.
Also with the tiller folded down the scooter was too tall to get in the back.

I wouldn't be looking at other options if I didn't have to mate, believe me.

My motor is quite high at the back, I can only think your Pajero may not be so high, dont have any experience of a Pajero though so I'm only guessing.

These were the ramps
Ramps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Towing & technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: